The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Lake Buel  (Read 1176 times)

Offline 2Dales

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lake Buel
« on: Dec 21, 2013, 07:07 AM »
4" ice yesterday. Didn't fish, but little Russia already set up!

Offline Jaycr3183

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake Buel
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2013, 08:50 AM »
So 2 days ago there was hardly any good ice with crap on it and other shanty members advised not to go there because of unsafe ice. So during the warm spell it actually made ice?? That's amazing! We may be fishing in July then boys!! Who to trust who to trust.

Offline Lowrance25

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2013, 10:29 AM »
So 2 days ago there was hardly any good ice with crap on it and other shanty members advised not to go there because of unsafe ice. So during the warm spell it actually made ice?? That's amazing! We may be fishing in July then boys!! Who to trust who to trust.

that's why I go check it for myself... Only way to really know.

Offline Jaycr3183

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2013, 11:32 AM »
Absolutely correct lowrance!! But the 1.5 hr drive hinders that.

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2013, 11:37 AM »

If you are talking about my report, it is from monday, and I estimated that it didn't make much more by wednesday.  This report from yesterday, was the first day it has not been freezing so it was at peak ice.  Sorry if anything I said was misleading.  I, for one, will spend the rest of the season trying to make this up to you personally.  ::)

Offline 2Dales

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2013, 12:42 PM »
Early in the season I like to verify ice thickness myself too, and living 45 minutes away, and since it was on my way home, I checked it. Imagine that with this warmth it is sketchy again.

Hopefully others will update from this weekend.

Offline Jaycr3183

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2013, 01:46 PM »
If you are talking about my report, it is from monday, and I estimated that it didn't make much more by wednesday.  This report from yesterday, was the first day it has not been freezing so it was at peak ice.  Sorry if anything I said was misleading.  I, for one, will spend the rest of the season trying to make this up to you personally.  ::)

Easy tough guy. Just quoting facts. You say unsafe ice. Which I believe. Now there's 4 inches and half o Russia? See my questions

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2013, 04:35 PM »
Easy tough guy. Just quoting facts. You say unsafe ice. Which I believe. Now there's 4 inches and half o Russia? See my questions

Just a little sarcasm.  No one is trying to be misleading (or at least I'm not).  My report was from monday though, and it didn't get over freezing until friday, when he saw fisherman (of russian decent apparently).  I bet it is pretty similar to all the reports around the area, 4-5 at best, covered in snow and slush and melting fast (hasn't been under freezing since Friday).  just saying I think that the ice frequent changes that much in a week.

I am excited to see some reports from today though, bet that ice is pretty shotty now, it was like spring today.

Offline Jaycr3183

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2013, 04:37 PM »
But it will be easy dragging next weekend brother!!! Be safe and stay on top

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.