The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: spudders  (Read 6168 times)

Offline pzoch

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: spudders
« Reply #90 on: Dec 22, 2013, 08:02 AM »
I walk around hunched over and limping,talking to myself , yelling and talking to God real loud.
I can't understand why nobody ever fishes by me... ;D

Offline BLUJBURD

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish...Fish...Fish
« Reply #91 on: Dec 22, 2013, 08:18 AM »
Dam all this talk bout guns and proximity rationalizes the fact that I just steal a roll of red danger tape from work and stake my claim surrounding my self by a good twenty yard perimeter.
I have a BS in Narrative Fishing History.

Offline kstotts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Dec 22, 2013, 08:40 AM »
I walk around hunched over and limping,talking to myself , yelling and talking to God real loud.
LMAO!!
I think I smell em!
Damn, my hobbies are getting expensive

Offline fishybill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • insidious
« Reply #93 on: Dec 22, 2013, 10:42 AM »

perfect

this thread is giving the anti gun people fodder
"Put duct tape on that, if it don't fix it atleast we'll know its ...... up"

Offline Hermin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #94 on: Dec 22, 2013, 10:46 AM »
perfect

this thread is giving the anti gun people fodder

Only the ones that can't read.

Offline fishybill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • insidious
« Reply #95 on: Dec 22, 2013, 10:50 AM »
Only the ones that can't read.

I'm pro gun and some posts are making us look like "gun toting thugs". 

All this Billy Bad Ass talk of pulling guns is disgusting.  Someone pulls a gun they better be ready to kill, because that's whats gonna happen.  If you aren't ready to kill when you pull that gun the other guy will be.   I'm all for carrying if you want, but this "I'm a Bad Ass With a Gun" attitude is whats helping the liberal cause.
"Put duct tape on that, if it don't fix it atleast we'll know its ...... up"

Offline TK81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Dec 22, 2013, 11:07 AM »
I understand using spuds to check ice on your way out but when there is thick thick ice time for a auger. how many people have had spudders come ten ft from to you when fishing is tough and start beating the crap out of the ice scaring the fish away I hate that so much i have it happen to me in lexington when there is 12= inches of ice all the time.

Using a spud on safe ice in another fisherman's immediate proximity.  This was the topic of the thread.  Basically, Brian doesn't like guys spudding next to him when ice is thick enough to not warrant carrying a spud.  How it evolved into a gun discussion....???  Look, I don't like it when somebody camps out on top of me either (spud or auger) and have enough respect not to do it to someone else unless they invite me.  But when someone does get inside my imaginary comfort zone, I just start talking to them.  I like to ask them if they need some bait or if they get a bit closer we can share my vex.  Maybe bring up the Lions or Spartans...then they will know I am crazy.   Sometimes they are good guys, sometimes they are not.  Either way, it has never gotten ugly.  I always have a handful of rods, so I like to put a hole just on the other side of them.  Then you can hole hop around them.  I do use a spud frequently and think it is a bit "elitist" to insinuate that someone shouldn't be there if they don't have an auger.   Bottom line is that anglers should give the guy that got there first a bit of respect.

Offline Hermin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Dec 22, 2013, 11:11 AM »
The reason the gun discussion came up is because someone said that getting to close to him fishing was grounds for getting beat up.  I informed him that if he keeps up that kind of attitude some day he might find himself on the wrong side of a gun because ice fisherman and CPL carries are a group that overlap somewhat.   I am not sure how all these crazy tangents from that happened.

Offline TK81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #98 on: Dec 22, 2013, 11:21 AM »
Good point Hermin.  Guys that act all tough do tend to put themselves in harm's way.  Sooner it later, they push the envelope long enough, somebody, either tougher than them or armed, will put them in their place.  I have no problem with responsible people carrying wherever they see fit.  I guess my 40 plus years of ice fishing thus far just have not made me want to make the ice a place that I would.  Now if I was on some desolate lake in the UP or Canada...I want to have some back-up.

Offline Jiveturkey3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Dec 22, 2013, 12:55 PM »
The reason the gun discussion came up is because someone said that getting to close to him fishing was grounds for getting beat up.  I informed him that if he keeps up that kind of attitude some day he might find himself on the wrong side of a gun because ice fisherman and CPL carries are a group that overlap somewhat.   I am not sure how all these crazy tangents from that happened.

Don't worry about it, nobody reads the post here. I went back and re-read from the start. It makes me wonder why anyone should post helpful information on this site. 3-4 people somehow think someone said they were going to pull a gun if someone got too close, that is never posted, others say someone said they were going to pull a gun, that is never posted.

This simply tells me people here A: didn't pass 6th grade or B: don't read make up a fantasy post on there head and ramble on about something they know nothing about nor is the post based on what anyone really posted.

This has brought be more laughs than anything in a ong time. Keep it up guys!

Offline MattOfAllTrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #100 on: Dec 22, 2013, 02:30 PM »
Dam all this talk bout guns and proximity rationalizes the fact that I just steal a roll of red danger tape from work and stake my claim surrounding my self by a good twenty yard perimeter.

with a big sign that says, "DANGER: THIN ICE!"
"Think like you're in a boat" -- Calico lsc.net

"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot." ~Steven Wright

"i've lost my free time, hundreds of dollars and one girlfriend through that hole on the ice.   Every once in a while, though, i'll pull something out of it....."

Offline kstotts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Dec 22, 2013, 03:15 PM »
I prefer thick cut bacon over the thinner cuts.
I think I smell em!
Damn, my hobbies are getting expensive

Offline BLUJBURD

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish...Fish...Fish
« Reply #102 on: Dec 24, 2013, 04:58 PM »
with a big sign that says, "DANGER: THIN ICE!"

I'm a smaller framed guy this may be worth a try  :clap:
I have a BS in Narrative Fishing History.

Offline Jiveturkey3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #103 on: Dec 24, 2013, 06:15 PM »
I'm kinda surprised the Iceshanty dictators didn't close this post too. The discussion involved firearms and that seems like a no no here.

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hold my beer and watch this
« Reply #104 on: Dec 24, 2013, 06:19 PM »
I'm kinda surprised the Iceshanty dictators didn't close this post too. The discussion involved firearms and that seems like a no no here.

JiveTurk your new...Dont push it too far. Himo will ban your ass.  ;)
I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN

"EDITED"

Offline Jiveturkey3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #105 on: Dec 24, 2013, 06:24 PM »
It's slow I was looking to stir some fun up. I will be riding in a truck for a few hours need something to pass the time. Don't worry I stir the pot on the off road forum in on too. It seems this place isn't as light hearted though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.