The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: spudders  (Read 6169 times)

Offline IceBucky

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • DONT SETTLE FIND THE FISH
Re: spudders
« Reply #60 on: Dec 21, 2013, 03:17 PM »
Only in michigan  >:(

Offline delta9

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hard water is great
« Reply #61 on: Dec 21, 2013, 03:18 PM »
CB if I get too close to ya let me know, I'll just reach out and hug you tight so you can't move, that is if I can get my arms around ya!! If that don't work you'll have to shoot me in the back as I'm runnin away!
:icefish:

Offline Trek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I can teach you.
« Reply #62 on: Dec 21, 2013, 03:20 PM »
LOL Ive never had any issues out on the ice and I dont expect too. Everyone I have met from this site has been awesome.
"removed"
I caught a fish once.

Offline CBGale2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What Lake, How Deep, and What Color?
« Reply #63 on: Dec 21, 2013, 03:21 PM »
Lol, you'll be ok.  I like to fish with others.  I go out to have a good time and get outside.  I could care less about the fish.
CB if I get too close to ya let me know, I'll just reach out and hug you tight so you can't move, that is if I can get my arms around ya!! If that don't work you'll have to shoot me in the back as I'm runnin away!
Posted via my rotary dial telephone.

Bikini Ice Fishing Team Fluffer/ProStaff

Offline CBGale2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Dec 21, 2013, 03:22 PM »
And unless you have sasquatch arms you probably ain't squeezing me.  Lmao.

Offline Jiveturkey3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Dec 21, 2013, 03:30 PM »
Or is that a proper time to use a gun in your definition?  Should I put holes in the next boat that gets too close to me also?

Your reading comprehension is horrible. The guy said if someone fishes too close it would result in an attack. We simply pointed out, as it isn't illegal to fish within 10 feet (this is the distance he used not me) and if one simply spuds a hole within this magic zone and gets physically attack they have the right to defended themselves with any means necessary. Re-read and you will see the only people who brought up the topic of a CPL holder being on the ice were the people informing the poster that if he chooses to physically attack someone they can and most likely will defend themselves.

It's very ignorant to think that because someone fishes too close (I don't like it anymore than the next guy) you have the right to attack them. I can tell you as I deal with it daily, more people have went through training (not the BS CPL classes) on how, when, and why to use force to stop such attacks. This isn't a firearm issue this is the issue of cowboy Joe thinking because he doesn't like something he can use force. I am here to tell you people are sick of these actions am are arming themselves. Pray if you do something as stupid as attacking a close fisherman that he uses force less than deadly because MANY will.

Offline CBGale2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Dec 21, 2013, 03:36 PM »

Offline MattOfAllTrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Dec 21, 2013, 03:43 PM »
**censored**.... this thread's all over the map!  it's common respect to not chop a hole right next to somebody... but for someone to mention a firearm because they "know people" who have a cpl.. **censored**??   i don't think "meet force with force, including deadly force to protect yourself or someone else from the imminent threat of death or great bodily harm, or to prevent a forcible felony" includes some guy for yelling at you for chopping a hole in the ice.    who needs a cpl anywayit's an open carry state.    anyway....  i would never drill right next to someone, let alone chop a hole with a spud.  but if someone did it to me? i'd probably say.. "what the hell man?!" and laugh, then set a bucket RIGHT NEXT to him and chip a hole next to his so it makes a figure 8.    let's get real here... we're all pretty friendly folks... i've never ran into a dickhead on the ice (except for the people who leave beer cans and garbage on the ice).    damn, this rain seems to be affecting more than the just the ice!
"Think like you're in a boat" -- Calico lsc.net

"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot." ~Steven Wright

"i've lost my free time, hundreds of dollars and one girlfriend through that hole on the ice.   Every once in a while, though, i'll pull something out of it....."

Offline Jiveturkey3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Dec 21, 2013, 03:49 PM »
Once again Matt re-read. The guy said you would be attacked for getting to close to him. Not a verbal warming or expression of displeasure.

Offline Hermin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Dec 21, 2013, 03:52 PM »
I have considered going out and buying the biggest hub shanty I can just to keep people away from me  :o

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #70 on: Dec 21, 2013, 03:55 PM »
I have considered going out and buying the biggest hub shanty I can just to keep people away from me  :o
sound like they need to start making bulletproof shanties.lol

Offline MattOfAllTrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Dec 21, 2013, 03:57 PM »
sound like they need to start making bulletproof shanties.lol

steel core rounds are readily avaible... maybe we should just drive tanks on the ice?

"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot." ~Steven Wright

"i've lost my free time, hundreds of dollars and one girlfriend through that hole on the ice.   Every once in a while, though, i'll pull something out of it....."

Offline Hermin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Dec 21, 2013, 03:58 PM »
Armor plated Argos.

Offline delta9

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hard water is great
« Reply #73 on: Dec 21, 2013, 03:59 PM »
**censored**.... this thread's all over the map!  it's common respect to not chop a hole right next to somebody... but for someone to mention a firearm because they "know people" who have a cpl.. **censored**??   i don't think "meet force with force, including deadly force to protect yourself or someone else from the imminent threat of death or great bodily harm, or to prevent a forcible felony" includes some guy for yelling at you for chopping a hole in the ice.    who needs a cpl anywayit's an open carry state.    anyway....  i would never drill right next to someone, let alone chop a hole with a spud.  but if someone did it to me? i'd probably say.. "what the hell man?!" and laugh, then set a bucket RIGHT NEXT to him and chip a hole next to his so it makes a figure 8.    let's get real here... we're all pretty friendly folks... i've never ran into a dickhead on the ice (except for the people who leave beer cans and garbage on the ice).    damn, this rain seems to be affecting more than the just the ice!

You have been lucky then. I personally have been dared to pass by on my way back by a group, a simple call to 911 made it easy to leave when I was ready, and that time they was stupid enough to have their dealer meet the at the park for a drop off. another time the tension was so great I think my son in law wet himself a little, again it was a group of territorial drunkards.

Offline MattOfAllTrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Dec 21, 2013, 04:03 PM »
You have been lucky then. I personally have been dared to pass by on my way back by a group, a simple call to 911 made it easy to leave when I was ready, and that time they was stupid enough to have their dealer meet the at the park for a drop off. another time the tension was so great I think my son in law wet himself a little, again it was a group of territorial drunkards.

wow man.. that's not even funny.   i can't even believe people like that can even share the same passion as us.  with your son on top of it all.   buttheads, to put it nicely.   so, they didnt want you to walk past them?   what the hell was their problem?!

Offline Hermin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Dec 21, 2013, 04:05 PM »
I have had people give me dirty looks when I showed up in the parking lot at lakes before.  The whole situation is strange to me because I enjoy talking to everyone.

Offline CBGale2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #76 on: Dec 21, 2013, 04:09 PM »
Those are the same people who hunt state land and think it's their spot.

Offline tench

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Dec 21, 2013, 04:10 PM »
I have had people give me dirty looks when I showed up in the parking lot at lakes before.  The whole situation is strange to me because I enjoy talking to everyone.

I usually get the dirty looks when I out fish everyone else... Doesn't happen THAT often  ::)  ;)
Otherwise here in VT I travel all over the state to ice fish for different species and have met some very nice people at almost every lake who are willing to share information and such.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable,
a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
~John Buchan

Offline Jiveturkey3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Dec 21, 2013, 04:11 PM »

Amen! I fish a lake that get crowded and often I will talk to people who I son know when I start. Now almost any time I am on that lake I know someone who I met right there. PM if you want a lake that fishing close to someone means you will be given tips, extra electronics to use, bait, poles, and a shanty to warm up on if you don't have one.

I however don't like being crowed for no reason without a conversation first. Not because I care you are close but I feel it is a curiosity thing to always say hello.

Offline delta9

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hard water is great
« Reply #79 on: Dec 21, 2013, 04:11 PM »
wow man.. that's not even funny.   i can't even believe people like that can even share the same passion as us.  with your son on top of it all.   buttheads, to put it nicely.   so, they didnt want you to walk past them?   what the hell was their problem?!
That group even had residents of the lake that weren't even fishing callin in on them they were quite out of hand. and yes I just passed by I would guess 30 yards or so for a place some 100 to 150 yards away and they still were yelling at me even after I set up.

Offline CBGale2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #80 on: Dec 21, 2013, 04:15 PM »
If someone gives me a dirty look I throw the dinks Im culling at them.    ;D

Offline fishybill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • insidious
« Reply #81 on: Dec 21, 2013, 07:13 PM »
I've never had a problem on the ice, I'm sorry some of you have.
"Put duct tape on that, if it don't fix it atleast we'll know its ...... up"

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Dec 21, 2013, 08:23 PM »
Wow some crazy stories have been told since I last checked in!  I'll stick with my secret hiding areas around home fishing with the same ol boys day after day.

Offline Hermin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Dec 21, 2013, 08:26 PM »
If someone stumbles across your lake be nice!  :P

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Dec 21, 2013, 08:30 PM »
I'm not very confrontational. You have to do something really idiotic to get me wound up while I'm ice fishing.

Offline Hermin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Dec 21, 2013, 08:55 PM »
I'm the same way.  I would never drill a hole close to someone else without talking to them first.  I don't get bent out of shape about much on the ice other than people doing unsafe things.

Offline fishermanbrian85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Dec 22, 2013, 12:42 AM »
This is nuts! Nobody is going to pull a gun on anyone its funny people say they know people who have a "ccw" but that is actually the ticket you get for carrying a firearm without a cpl a ccw is carrying concealed weapon  cpl is concealed pistol licence i have a cpl and would never pull it out unless my life or someone elses depended on it and spudding a hole is not a reason for that. Besides if you pull out a gun to threaten someone and tell them to move that is called brandishing a firearm and thats jail time. This thread is going crazy....

Offline fishermanbrian85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Dec 22, 2013, 12:59 AM »
sorry i meant ccw is a ticket for carrying a concealed weapon which is why i have my cpl because then i can carry it and not get all the dirty looks for having it.

Offline fishermanbrian85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Dec 22, 2013, 01:00 AM »
another thing i always offer to help others out or tell them they can use my auger or bait or equipment  i was taught you catch more bees with honey than you do vinegar.

Offline Jiveturkey3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Dec 22, 2013, 02:09 AM »
This is nuts! Nobody is going to pull a gun on anyone its funny people say they know people who have a "ccw" but that is actually the ticket you get for carrying a firearm without a cpl a ccw is carrying concealed weapon  cpl is concealed pistol licence i have a cpl and would never pull it out unless my life or someone elses depended on it and spudding a hole is not a reason for that. Besides if you pull out a gun to threaten someone and tell them to move that is called brandishing a firearm and thats jail time. This thread is going crazy....

The CPL vrs CCW point you bring up is awesome. You also have horrible reading comprehension like most on this site. No post have been made regarding someone being too close and a firearm being drawn because of it.

Does anyone, anyone, A N Y O N E read post in a thread or do they just skim for keywords and post based on a fantasy topic.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.