Author Topic: Lac la peche/Martins  (Read 1343 times)

Offline Arcom

• IceShanty Rookie
Lac la peche/Martins
« on: Dec 15, 2013, 08:20 PM »
Anyone been out there yet this year? or martins lake? any word on the ice conditions would be great. planning on heading up there this weekend. thanks! :tipup:

Offline ggpr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lac la peche/Martins
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2013, 10:15 PM »
You can always try calling the lac la peche resort.  I talked to the owner a few weeks back and he had implied that he seen a few ppl walking on and possibly some sled tracks but he wasnt there when it froze and they did get a large dumping of snow quickly after.  If you call they can probably fill you in with some details about if they have seen vehicles out etc.  I would certainly assume its good for walking on, but likely pretty snowy and i would not count on driving on maybe even just because of that.

Would love to know more if you find anything out, also any details on nearby lakes.  I have been thinking of going to Iroquois or even lac la peche in the near future.

Have a good one.

Offline Dubya

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2013, 08:03 PM »
Was out on Martins lake at the end of November with snowmobiles and ATV's, haven't heard if anyone took a truck out there yet, but I imagine it should be good after that recent spell of cold weather.

Offline silverfox1969

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2013, 11:32 PM »
Drove on Iroqouis this past Sunday had 18 inches of ice so lac le peche should be good to go

Offline whale1979

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2013, 11:56 PM »
Hey silverfox. I was on iroqouis to on sunday. How did u make out?  We caught 7 pike at the north end. Ice was consistenly 16in. Drove all over. Was 12in or so NE side of the big reef

Offline silverfox1969

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2013, 09:20 PM »
just caught 5 pike nothing worth keeping BUT MAN OH! MAN there were loads of white fish 2 to 3 at a time on the camera.

Offline Arcom

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2013, 08:34 PM »
well I tried lac la peche on saturday for a few hours and only landed one tine pike :-/ we fished in about 25-30 fow and only marked a few on the flasher. Bradwell on the other hand was really productive today for perch. landed about 10 in 2 hours and kept 5. overall not a bad weekend to be on the ice. has anyone else fished lac la peche in the winter? there was not a single shack or even tire tracks on the lake which leads me to believe its not overly productive for hardwater.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.