Author Topic: Warden eating dog  (Read 8096 times)

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
Warden eating dog
« on: Nov 30, 2005, 07:02 PM »
So there I was... ;)

Sitting in my favorite fishing spot on a really cold day.  Had 8 tipups spread out good for walleye.  The little brown dog and I sat and waited for some flags.  The morning wore on and the wind picked up.  Not much action to keep us warm, so I decide I need a wind break. 

I pull out the shovel and start cutting blocks of crusty snow.  After about a half hour I have a nice wind break built and the dog and I are nice and warm on the back side.  It's so nice and cozy that the little brown dog decides that she will take a nap on her mat. 

I see the warden walking over to the guy in the shanty down the lake.  No problem, I got my license, no fish caught yet, correct number of lines...  You know.. kind of do a double check just to be sure you didn't forget something.

Flag!!!  First flag of the day, great! I say, with an audience watching and everything.  Well I run out to the LAST tip up and haul in a bass.  The warden wants to get a better view of what I have and what else is behind that wall.  He goes and pokes around the corner to find a sleeping dog, not a pile of fish!  Well, the dog WAS sleeping till some STRANGER woke her up from a nice nap.

What do you think happened next?

She starts barking,
he starts yelling,
and I throw the fish down the hole and start running to calm everyone down.

The dog gets a couple close nips to the kicking feet and the warden does a good back peddle enough so that I can grab the ATTACK DOG.

I hand him my license and try to be friendly, the dog is still not sure about this guy who woke her up!  He thanks me and heads off to the far side of the lake.

After he checks the guy at the far end he comes headed back to the truck, but this time he makes a WIDE swing around the WARDEN EATING DOG!

Ever since then he always makes sure I see him comming before looking in/behind/under anything, cause ya never know, there may be an attack dog waiting.

Mean looking isn't she???  ???

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Re: Warden eating dog
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2005, 07:20 PM »
LBD,
     What a great story. I love the picture.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline Poorboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2005, 08:26 PM »
Enjoyed reading your tale!  Ever hear the old saying "Let sleeping dogs lie"?  Guess its a good idea.

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2005, 06:49 AM »
Well the local ECO does not usually venture out on the ice ( fell thru and scared to death of it)

I know for sure if he did he would not mess with our Hut Muts

between the three of them we are looking at close to 300 lbs of man eating beast :P

just imagine if the other 3 canines joined us

Another great memory for you to hold on to LittleBrownDog :) great story

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2005, 01:21 AM »
That is a great picture of your dog! It looks small but mighty!

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2005, 11:19 PM »
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Haha great story and your dog looks so innocent! ::)

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2006, 01:51 PM »
If the warden came to my shanty he would probably freeze  before he got back to his truck. My hut mutt would have him covered in slobber from trying to lick him to death.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline hunter13

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2006, 11:13 PM »
was it the new warden or the old one LBD i would of loved to seen his face lol

hunter13

"Grab your rod and git-r-done!"  VERMONT

Offline slimechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Who ya gonna call?
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2006, 03:09 PM »
Great story dog, I think you make us all "miss that dog". She's beautiful and obviously dedicated, truly man's best friend!
So there I was... ;)

Sitting in my favorite fishing spot on a really cold day.  Had 8 tipups spread out good for walleye.  The little brown dog and I sat and waited for some flags.  The morning wore on and the wind picked up.  Not much action to keep us warm, so I decide I need a wind break. 

I pull out the shovel and start cutting blocks of crusty snow.  After about a half hour I have a nice wind break built and the dog and I are nice and warm on the back side.  It's so nice and cozy that the little brown dog decides that she will take a nap on her mat. 

I see the warden walking over to the guy in the shanty down the lake.  No problem, I got my license, no fish caught yet, correct number of lines...  You know.. kind of do a double check just to be sure you didn't forget something.

Flag!!!  First flag of the day, great! I say, with an audience watching and everything.  Well I run out to the LAST tip up and haul in a bass.  The warden wants to get a better view of what I have and what else is behind that wall.  He goes and pokes around the corner to find a sleeping dog, not a pile of fish!  Well, the dog WAS sleeping till some STRANGER woke her up from a nice nap.

What do you think happened next?

She starts barking,
he starts yelling,
and I throw the fish down the hole and start running to calm everyone down.

The dog gets a couple close nips to the kicking feet and the warden does a good back peddle enough so that I can grab the ATTACK DOG.

I hand him my license and try to be friendly, the dog is still not sure about this guy who woke her up!  He thanks me and heads off to the far side of the lake.

After he checks the guy at the far end he comes headed back to the truck, but this time he makes a WIDE swing around the WARDEN EATING DOG!

Ever since then he always makes sure I see him comming before looking in/behind/under anything, cause ya never know, there may be an attack dog waiting.

(Image removed from quote.)

Mean looking isn't she???  ???

Official Capt Ahab of the MIRC - "thar she blows"  
 Got nymph?   Some days your the bug and some days your the windshield.

Offline 2 dogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 26, 2006, 07:19 PM »
I go out with my two Scotties who dearly love to lift their leg all over the warden's snowmobile and then his boots. Usually only get checked once a year if it is a new warden on the ice. The dogs also help prevent polar bear and wolverine attacks as had not had one since started taking my dogs along 3o years ago. :tipup:
Good thing about prisons- they reduce the potential number of fisherman on the ice!

Offline crappieslayer22

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • damn dinks
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2007, 03:20 PM »
thats a great story yuo had there
Loren W
ST.Croix
Iced Slabs
28 in walleye
15 in crappie
14 in perch
12 in golden shiner
25 in pickerel
11 1/4 in bluegill
6 1/2 pound largemouth
36 in lake trout

Offline PondPro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH ON!!!!!!!!FISH OFF.............
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2007, 08:09 PM »
lol wow thats funny
Tom G :tipup:<br />

Offline bbolt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 03, 2007, 04:15 PM »
it's alway's good to be able to carry your best buddy along on your ice fishing trips

Offline happy perch fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2007, 08:10 PM »
what is your dog wearing

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
« Reply #14 on: Jan 08, 2007, 10:18 AM »
what is your dog wearing

It is a Ruffwear K9 Coat.

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 31, 2007, 05:45 PM »
Funny  ;D
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline frozengator

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 06, 2010, 11:40 PM »
It is a Ruffwear K9 Coat.
I would like to get one for mine she loves to go but german short hairs don't have much insulation. She will try to get my fish though. LOL
Gator Nation

Offline GiantSquid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 12, 2010, 11:27 PM »
Mailman, UPS guy, Game Warden - ALL ThE SAME!   Dogs hate em!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.