Author Topic: BASS LAKE AND MAXI,S  (Read 3856 times)

Offline philk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just chasin that 12# eye
Re: BASS LAKE AND MAXI,S
« Reply #30 on: Dec 13, 2013, 05:12 AM »
HT....well written...see you in rehab ;)

Offline sprkplug

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Dec 13, 2013, 06:49 AM »
From my perspective, (that being from a guy on the outside, who fishes private water and has no idea of where these locations that are talked about are even at), I think I see room for improvement on both sides of the issue. I believe there are valid points being made on both fronts.

Just an unbiased opinion from someone with no stake in the matter.

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Suck it up and drive on troop
« Reply #32 on: Dec 13, 2013, 07:16 AM »
Oh boy, just starting to get some fishable areas and its starting already.  I will just say that if you have been here for a while you should have a general idea who gives and does not give accurate info ,  Remember I live 10 min from maxi and  PM's are respected .  I already have enough stalkers calling me on a daily bases and they live just as close as I but too lazy to go check. 
Prov.27:17 As iron sharpens iron ,so one man sharpens another.

Offline troutline

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #33 on: Dec 13, 2013, 12:18 PM »
Maxi channels has 4 plus ice and seen shantys out from the boat ramp at Bass. Hope this helps save gas.

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 13, 2013, 12:52 PM »
Guilty about what?  I don't fish bass and never will....live 90 minutes from there so could care less if has ice or is wide open.  I don't ask for ice reports and I don't give ice reports.  I get all the info I need by calling, texting or PMing people I know and trust, or checking for myself.  People need to check conditions for themselves.  What is safe for me may not be safe for you.  This sport can kill you if you take advice from someone who doesn't know what they are doing and let your guard down.  Maybe a call to the local bait shops or marina (if there is one) would be a better option for conditions.  There are posters on this site that claim they catch 13" gills one right after another.  That same poster said a channel had 3 inches and 2 hours later had 1".  If that guy tells you bass has ice are you going to believe him and drive 2 hours?  Most guys don't post crazy posts, but when you don't know who you are getting info from, how do you know it is even remotely accurate?

Very well said Wax .
Just to give an example of what wax_worm is talking about . JT came up to fish with me last year we got some inside info on a spot to fish . When we got there it was just as we were told not the best ice but it was ice so we went out and fished . My normal fishing buddy would not even step on the ice he said it was unsafe to his standards which was fine so he sat in the truck for 4 hours while JT and I fished. 

Offline jdm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!
« Reply #35 on: Dec 13, 2013, 02:19 PM »
Guilty about what?  I don't fish bass and never will....live 90 minutes from there so could care less if has ice or is wide open.  I don't ask for ice reports and I don't give ice reports.  I get all the info I need by calling, texting or PMing people I know and trust, or checking for myself.  People need to check conditions for themselves.  What is safe for me may not be safe for you.  This sport can kill you if you take advice from someone who doesn't know what they are doing and let your guard down.  Maybe a call to the local bait shops or marina (if there is one) would be a better option for conditions.  There are posters on this site that claim they catch 13" gills one right after another.  That same poster said a channel had 3 inches and 2 hours later had 1".  If that guy tells you bass has ice are you going to believe him and drive 2 hours?  Most guys don't post crazy posts, but when you don't know who you are getting info from, how do you know it is even remotely accurate?
I am the big guy in my group, I have tied a rope around my waist and had a spud bar to check ice. Rest of the group were behind with the rope! I would never post about this ice, but if someone drove by and saw 3 guys fishing, he might post that guys are on the ice! I have also seen guys walk out on thin ice and never spud, just because we were already on! This sport is DEADLY! This is not an over statment, people die every year, just wait, we will hear about it soon. Do your own checking this time of year!
   Mid January, differant story "usually" but never take some elses word for granted, Even with a float suit, I check everything myself.

Offline fwcanoefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 13, 2013, 02:21 PM »
I don't have a dog in this fight.  Ever hear of the first amendment?  Right to free speech?  Guys (and gals, too) are free to say what they want and they are also free to refrain from giving info out as well.  I know some people can be protective about first ice, I would be, too.  I wouldn't want to be out on 3 inches of ice with 50+ others due to somebody giving away first ice information on the internet.  If you're not familiar with the sport of ice fishing, it's always wise to buddy up with somebody that's been doing it for years, you will learn far more information about lakes icing up, techniques, tips, and whatnot from that person than you will on a forum.  Experience is gained from doing.  (I've been ice fishing since I was 10.)  You'd come out much further ahead by being kind to people and being patient rather than having a sense of entitlement demanding information now.  My grandfather used to tell me, "Good things come to those who wait."  I know it's a common quote but it's the darn truth.

Offline perchching

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Dec 13, 2013, 03:28 PM »
Imo some people do not have 25 lakes to fish around them
Like most of the people on the Indiana site. What is wrong with just saying
That there is ice some people were fishing or some ice not sure how much .
Proceed with caution  ! Fuel is not cheap and if you can save a guy some money.
Purpose of this site is not to be clicky. Can't believe some of the stuff
That goes on here. There are other means of finding out yes.
But damn fella' s that's ridiculous.

Offline ED YOUNG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 13, 2013, 05:11 PM »
I made the 130 mile round trip today...  And figured I would be nice & share with others, so they don't have to spend the $ on gas & for those who are just interested in knowing.. Bass Lake --IS-- frozen over with hard solid ice (on the South side)... There was 3 shantys on the ice... I would like to say for EVERYONES safety, I had only walked out apprx-100yrds, so PLEASE be safe & use caution/spud bar..... There was dirt bike tracks around 60-75yrds on the ice (braver than me)--Lol..

Offline baboiler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Green Hornet Strikes Again!!
« Reply #39 on: Dec 13, 2013, 05:24 PM »
Hail, Hail to Old Purdue, Ever grateful ever true!  Boiler Up!

Offline scroungydog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Penguinphobic
« Reply #40 on: Dec 13, 2013, 05:28 PM »

Alright BA that does it........you had to go with the penguin stuff......this means War!!!!!! ;D ;D
Penguins are not your Friends!!!!!

Offline ole green moe

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Offical Member of Fisherman Against Penguins
« Reply #41 on: Dec 13, 2013, 05:58 PM »
Alright BA that does it........you had to go with the penguin stuff......this means War!!!!!! ;D ;D
The babbler is cruisin' for a bruisin' breakin' out the penguin junk this early!!
Northern Indiana---Where men are men, and Penguins run scared!!!!

Offline Juan bond

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The lakes are full of iceholes!
« Reply #42 on: Dec 13, 2013, 06:24 PM »
Anyone know if they are fishing maxi/bass? Lol!!

Offline Fishinfool85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 13, 2013, 06:31 PM »
No both lakes are wide open take ur boat !

Offline alvanwie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Dec 13, 2013, 06:33 PM »
I made the 130 mile round trip today...  And figured I would be nice & share with others, so they don't have to spend the $ on gas & for those who are just interested in knowing.. Bass Lake --IS-- frozen over with hard solid ice (on the South side)... There was 3 shantys on the ice... I would like to say for EVERYONES safety, I had only walked out apprx-100yrds, so PLEASE be safe & use caution/spud bar..... There was dirt bike tracks around 60-75yrds on the ice (braver than me)--Lol..

Thanks for the info Ed.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Dec 13, 2013, 07:21 PM »
No both lakes are wide open take ur boat !
Now that is what I am talkin about..LOL

Offline baboiler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Green Hornet Strikes Again!!
« Reply #46 on: Dec 13, 2013, 07:49 PM »
Hail, Hail to Old Purdue, Ever grateful ever true!  Boiler Up!

Offline ole green moe

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Offical Member of Fisherman Against Penguins
« Reply #47 on: Dec 13, 2013, 08:29 PM »

Question???? Do they have those stupid penguins on Bass and Maxi??? ???
Northern Indiana---Where men are men, and Penguins run scared!!!!

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Dec 13, 2013, 10:40 PM »
Here's what i fished on at bass tonight. I measured 43/4 in nearly half way out in lake. 

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Dec 17, 2013, 08:13 AM »
Best advice I can give is this. Bait shop owner can have the best info on surrounding lakes.

So find the closest bait shops and call them. Phone calls are cheaper and faster than driving to the lake yourself. Don't just call and ask about the ice conditions, first ask what bait they sell, act interested even if you have bait. Being interested in their business will get you more info.

As for this thread subject, here's my take on it.

Most are helpful in here and will take the time to reply to question on ice conditions, even if there are other threads on the same subject.
But there are a few that if you don't do things the way they do things, then you're lazy. I  personally wouldn't say that but I can see their point.

Bottom line, sometimes spending 5 minutes looking thru titles on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd page you'll find the info  allot faster than starting a new post.

Putting a little effort and time into your knowledge search will work and is faster most of the time. Logining in, making a new thread without looking around, leaving then comeing back later is not always the best way to get info on this forum. But for some they don't have the time to look around, so I can see their side also to.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Dec 17, 2013, 08:21 AM »
Very Nicely said.

Best advice I can give is this. Bait shop owner can have the best info on surrounding lakes.

So find the closest bait shops and call them. Phone calls are cheaper and faster than driving to the lake yourself. Don't just call and ask about the ice conditions, first ask what bait they sell, act interested even if you have bait. Being interested in their business will get you more info.

As for this thread subject, here's my take on it.

Most are helpful in here and will take the time to reply to question on ice conditions, even if there are other threads on the same subject.
But there are a few that if you don't do things the way they do things, then you're lazy. I  personally wouldn't say that but I can see their point.

Bottom line, sometimes spending 5 minutes looking thru titles on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd page you'll find the info  allot faster than starting a new post.

Putting a little effort and time into your knowledge search will work and is faster most of the time. Logining in, making a new thread without looking around, leaving then comeing back later is not always the best way to get info on this forum. But for some they don't have the time to look around, so I can see their side also to.
Tom

Offline libo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Dec 17, 2013, 08:35 AM »
are penguins in season yet, love them on the bar-b

Offline Bodeen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Dec 17, 2013, 11:31 AM »
So how is the ice now after the snow?
You do your thing, I'll do mine.

Offline sturner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Dec 17, 2013, 01:35 PM »
Mom always said " If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all"

Offline strike master 90

• IceShanty Rookie
  • fish hard
« Reply #54 on: Dec 17, 2013, 04:24 PM »
They are fishing the channels on maxi last Friday 4 inches of ice

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Dec 17, 2013, 07:06 PM »
I am requesting that ALL shanty members send me PM's on the ice conditions. I will further need the dates and gps cords as well of the bodies of water that you have checked/fished.  You will be helping the environment. So feel good about this decision as you all load up my box. Less driving for me means better air. We all win

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.