Author Topic: Oxygenator...  (Read 1596 times)

Offline gunner1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Oxygenator...
« on: Nov 28, 2005, 07:37 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with these "aerators?" I like my KeepAlive system, but I'm always looking out for something better to help me keep my herring alive this coming striper season.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: Oxygenator...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2005, 07:53 PM »
I have one and it works great. I use it for keeping minnows lively while ice fishing. Mine is the small one for a minnow bucket. They also make a larger one for use in a livewell and I have no experience with that one. It is great for use in a minnow bucket because it is silent. Much better than listening to a pump. It will also run for about 90 hours on three AA batteries.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2005, 06:32 AM »
My ice fishing buddy got one before last ice season and it worked very well. You can't see the micro bubbles it produces, but the bait we had stayed lively and frisky using it.
Ken                                          

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2005, 07:12 AM »
Does anyone have any experience with these "aerators?" I like my KeepAlive system, but I'm always looking out for something better to help me keep my herring alive this coming striper season.
gunner check out hardline products....I make a living on live herring and mackerel....and my 30 gallon o2 infuser works great......a block of ice and bubbles keep the bait alive for DAYS without changing the water over.     Make sure you put your ice block in a plastic bag....that will keep the salt water salty and your bait frisky for 48 hours+ ;)  I can send you the link if you can't find the site.....or e-mail me at [email protected]

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2005, 02:13 PM »
I use the Frabill stuff. Their Aqua Life bait station isn't cheap but I love the fact that it has a 12 volt adapter built in as well as a built in light for when I'm after walleye and crappie at night. I also have a 110 volt that I use when I need to keep left over bait alive for the next time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.