The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: help!!!!  (Read 1161 times)

Offline paul86

• IceShanty Rookie
help!!!!
« on: Nov 25, 2013, 06:45 PM »
Hello all I been ice fishing for about 7 years now and just wanted to ask if you could help me find a good lake for walleye and crappie. I love ice fishing and don't care what I catch but walleye and crappie have got to be my favorite fish to eat. Any tips or suggestions will be appreciated.

Offline cabst119

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: help!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2013, 06:50 PM »
Do all of your fishing at night.

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2013, 07:06 PM »
The best lake I have had for eyes and crappies is sadly across the border in Ohio (Mosquito Creek Lake) so you have to get a one day or 3 day, but I usually pound the crappies and eyes.  In pa I like pyme (Pymatuning) for the eyes crappie and perch.  Im sure there is a better lake in pa then Pyme but its the one that works for me......and if it works why change

Offline paul86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2013, 11:29 PM »
Thanks guys. Ducksnbucks where is that lake your talking about pyme? I live in watsontown pa. A friend of mine told me about a lake called Glendale lake its up by rinova or how ever you spell it lol

Offline hardwaterwalker814

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2013, 11:56 PM »
He's talking about pymatuning its in Crawford county quick google search and you can find all kinds of info..i go there every spring and summer and do good fishing going to try and ice fish it for the first time this year but be careful ice fishing it if you plan on it..i wouldn't go anywhere near it unless I seen the locals on it first
A watched flag never flies

Offline paul86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2013, 12:17 AM »
OK thanks I usually don't go unless I see ppl first but if you know where it is I have a nice 2 man ice fishing shanty if I could go along with you I have my own equipment and I could drive I'm just looking for a friend to go with I love ice fishing.

Offline rutjustrut

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Aquaholic
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2013, 11:19 AM »
Glendale lake has a healthy population of walleye. Only way to get them is fishing the night shift but I've got quite a few out of there over the last few years.

Offline paul86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2013, 12:42 PM »
Could you tell me how to get there. I really want to try Glendale this year.

Offline davef

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2013, 01:09 PM »
Till someone else can help you, all I know about Glendale is it is in Northern Cambria County if you have a road map.

Offline JustTheTip?

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2013, 05:11 PM »
Glendale lake has a healthy population of walleye. Only way to get them is fishing the night shift but I've got quite a few out of there over the last few years.

This man speaks the troof!!  ;D

You ready to get after 'em this year Rut!!???
"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire."

Offline JustTheTip?

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2013, 05:14 PM »
Could you tell me how to get there. I really want to try Glendale this year.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Glendale+Lake
"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire."

Offline rutjustrut

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Aquaholic
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2013, 07:11 AM »
This man speaks the troof!!  ;D

You ready to get after 'em this year Rut!!???

Absolutely justthetip!! Lakemont had a nice skim of ice on it yesterday!!

And Paul that link should give you a good idea where it's at, nice lake. I'm not a big panfish guy so I don't know much on the quality of crappie, but as far as pike, Muskie, walleye and bass it's a heck of a good lake.

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2013, 07:46 AM »
Lake Chillisquaque/ Montour Preserve in Montour County (north of Danville) has decent walleye, crappie, and bass populations, as well as an occasional pike. Although, through the ice, I've never had a ton of bites, but when I do, it's always a nice fish, and as you can see from the biologist report (http://fishandboat.com/images/fisheries/afm/2005/3x07_18chilli.htm), there are some enormous crappie in there.

Allegheny Reservoir/ Kinzua Dam can be good for walleye, pike, panfish, trout, and experts say there could be a world record muskie in there. However, it is big, with a lot of water to cover, and access can be a you know what..

Foster Joseph Sayer's Dam @ Bald Eagle State Park is a great lake for panfish in terms of numbers, although it tends to be a late freezer. But, if you have a noob or kids who you just want to keep interested and catching fish, it's the place to go. However, don't expect too much of size here, there's a panfish enhancement program in place, and it's not uncommon to fish all day, and catch so many crappie you lose count, without one legal one.

High Point Lake in Somerset has a good population of walleye, pike, pickerel, panfish, bass, and more, a great lake to get a lot of flags. However, it is weedy, and you will lose fish in the weeds.

Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.