The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: single mattel LANTERN  (Read 696 times)

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
single mattel LANTERN
« on: Nov 25, 2013, 12:11 PM »
Dose anyone use those COMPACT SINGLE MATTEL Lanterns?I want to get one for my 1 man Clam.I use a heater buddy for heat.I just need the lantern for light.I do a lot of after dark fishin on the ice.The top of the 2 burnner gets in my way with the HEATER,and the VEXILAR .Do you think it would be brite enough for the 1 man?Where can i get one?MAYBE i need a bigger 1 man?LOL. ???

Offline Irish Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: single mattel LANTERN
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2013, 12:31 PM »
I have used one in my 1 man flipover for years. It's plenty bright enough and it gives off plenty of heat too. Except for the really windy days it is all I use for heat. I usually set it on the ice right below my seat so the heat rises right between my legs and hit's my hands and that way it's not out by the hole where it may hit my line or the tent and I can fish 2 holes with the vex with no obstructions.

Offline russelln114

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2013, 03:36 PM »
Dose anyone use those COMPACT SINGLE MATTEL Lanterns?I want to get one for my 1 man Clam.I use a heater buddy for heat.I just need the lantern for light.I do a lot of after dark fishin on the ice.The top of the 2 burnner gets in my way with the HEATER,and the VEXILAR .Do you think it would be brite enough for the 1 man?Where can i get one?MAYBE i need a bigger 1 man?LOL. ???

I just bought one Saturday. My wife thought i was crazy when i took it to the basement to try it out. I have a one man flipover and it works real well. Nice light and heat. the one i have is the  Coleman PerfectFlow One-Mantle Propane Lantern. It's the one with the small glass globe 273 lumins.

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2013, 07:20 PM »
I have a single mantle lantern,it will do the job,one thing I found was the slip on style mantles give the most light,the tie on ones will work to but the slip on mantles are much brighter

Offline creel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2013, 08:06 PM »
Wall-Mart sells them, they are great and Brite, I use it for Backpacking while hunting out west, hard to break them with a metal frame around it, throws enough light and some heat. 
thats a good fish, they are all good, some are gooder than others

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2013, 07:21 AM »
THANKS GUYS.Im on the hunt to buy one now,GOOD LUCK ON THE ICE. :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline bkabina

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2013, 10:13 AM »
I have one. Bigcrew is right about the mantels. Plenty of light. Wal-mart is the cheapest around here to buy one.

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2013, 01:44 PM »
I have 2 wallmarts around me and they dont carry them.Im going on line this weekend to find 1.Thanks guys.Happy THANKS GIVING. :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.