The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Field & Stream - Ice Fishing  (Read 917 times)

Offline ddubs3

• Team IceShanty Regular
Field & Stream - Ice Fishing
« on: Nov 23, 2013, 06:52 PM »
Anyone been there in Cranberry lately? Are they carrying any ice fishing gear?

Offline jigginPig

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Field & Stream - Ice Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2013, 09:27 PM »
Yes I hear they have some stuff. One flipover, pop up, basic rod/reel combos, tip ups and accessories.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$#!+

Offline creel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2013, 12:35 PM »
I just left the store, they have a pretty good bit of ice fishing equiptment, they have a wall full of stuff, and Augers, buckets.  Its not like Sportsmens Warehouse was, full of stuff, but not bad
thats a good fish, they are all good, some are gooder than others

Offline Parks Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2013, 02:13 PM »
I  was there last week and was less than satisfied, they have more tipups than anything else.  The jig selection is pitiful at best.  Selection of "Jigging Rapalas" was good though.  Only one shelter(Clam 2000) and one portable sonar(Hummingbird 35). I was hoping they would have had a better selection, but it is obvious their buyer does not ice fish. They do have several "Ice Live Wells" if anyone is looking for one.
The nearest thing to heaven is a child

Offline Jlog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2013, 04:47 PM »
I wonder why Sportsmens warehouse closed. They were here and gone. It always seemed packed.
Love many, trust few and always row your own canoe.

Offline Artjr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2013, 05:44 PM »
I have not seen their ice fishing stuff but their hunting stuff and guns are really over priced. I saw a pistol I had just bought a week before there and they wanted 75.00 more and that did not include taxes and ammo was high too.

Sportsman warehouse closed stores all over the country. Not sure why.
Take your kids hunting and fishing and you won't have to hunt for your kids.

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2013, 06:04 PM »
I agree with artjr, everything is overpriced. But they do have some ice fishing stuff which is more than can be said than most stores

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2013, 11:03 AM »
I wonder why Sportsmens warehouse closed. They were here and gone. It always seemed packed.

The one up our way is closeing too.I have never seen more than 3 other guys in there with me.I dont know why.They didnt have any good stuff.WALLY WORLD had the same stuff.Prices were high at sportsman outlet too.I did buy 2 nice catfish rods there.Their bait was junk BIGTIME.Minnows had lumps on them,eyes missing and prices were out the roof.I wont miss them 1 bit.They were 5 minutes from my house too.Gander  has good gear but their prices are even higher.WE NEED MORE SMALL TIME SPORTS SHOPS LIKE ZAMBOROS was,MD SPORTING GOODS THEY ARE BOTH GONE.J/S IS STILL THERE.D/R WAS GOOD YEARS AGO.NOW THEY DONT HAVE MUCH.SUGARMANS was the BEST.Hands down.WHERE DO YOU SHOP NOW?

Offline Jlog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2013, 09:49 PM »
The one up our way is closeing too.I have never seen more than 3 other guys in there with me.I dont know why.They didnt have any good stuff.WALLY WORLD had the same stuff.Prices were high at sportsman outlet too.I did buy 2 nice catfish rods there.Their bait was junk BIGTIME.Minnows had lumps on them,eyes missing and prices were out the roof.I wont miss them 1 bit.They were 5 minutes from my house too.Gander  has good gear but their prices are even higher.WE NEED MORE SMALL TIME SPORTS SHOPS LIKE ZAMBOROS was,MD SPORTING GOODS THEY ARE BOTH GONE.J/S IS STILL THERE.D/R WAS GOOD YEARS AGO.NOW THEY DONT HAVE MUCH.SUGARMANS was the BEST.Hands down.WHERE DO YOU SHOP NOW?
I shop Gander Mountain, Dicks Sporting mostly. Every now and then I ride to WV and hit Cabelas.
Love many, trust few and always row your own canoe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.