Author Topic: Clam 2000  (Read 1830 times)

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Clam 2000
« on: Nov 19, 2005, 01:12 PM »
I own a clam 2000 and have found that equiptment seems to fall off of it while moving it from location to location.Any tips on how to strap down equiptment in a way that the sled still slides smoothly.

In Advance, Thanks

Andrew
Andrew

Offline Fish-Doctor

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Clam 2000
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2005, 06:14 PM »

I place one of the large (20/25 gallon) rubbermaid bins on top and then bungy/strap it to my clam2000.  Inside the bin I can put my heater, bucket, tipups, rods, etc.  Worked pretty good for me last year and was cheap.

Ken
Fish-Doctor  -  Ken

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2005, 06:48 PM »
I like the idea of the rubbermaid container, just don't know about the weight issue. I had a couple cracks in the floor that were fixed with fiberglass. I will have to give it a shot this year. A good way to keep everything organized too!

Thanks Fish-Doctor
Andrew

Offline cnyfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta love the perch fillets!!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2005, 07:17 PM »
I like the idea of the rubbermaid container, just don't know about the weight issue. I had a couple cracks in the floor that were fixed with fiberglass. I will have to give it a shot this year. A good way to keep everything organized too!

Thanks Fish-Doctor
Cracks in the floor of the clam? You should talk to clam corp, I had a crack in the floor of mine also, I sent them an email and they said to mail them the logos and they will send me a new unit. Now if that is not customer service I don't know what is  :thumbsup:
"Let them take it... till the minnows good and took. Ya reel up all your slack, then ya set your hook."

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2005, 07:51 PM »
Logos??

Do you have a contact address or phone number for the company?? I would send them pictures but I had fixed it myself. Also the one of the hole cover snaps broke off.I bought this unit used but was in mint condition when I bought it.Its my baby ;).

Andrew
Andrew

Offline cnyfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2005, 08:45 PM »
Logos??
the logos on the doors, I had to cut them out then mailed them in. and they sent me a whole new clam. I'm not sure what they will do if you bought it used but you won't know unless you ask.
CLAM Corporation
15600 28th Ave N
Plymouth, MN 55447
http://www.clamcorp.com/info_center.html
Phone: 763.231.4120
Fax: 763.231.4121
Email: [email protected]
"Let them take it... till the minnows good and took. Ya reel up all your slack, then ya set your hook."

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2005, 08:53 PM »
I just e-mailed them about 5 minutes ago, hoping to get a reply within a few days..........Ice is coming quick here in Ottawa ;D
Andrew

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2005, 07:13 AM »
Wow do I love Camcorp. customer service. Just got my reply, and they told me I must have got one of the 'defective plastic's', and to cut the two logos off of both doors of the unit.I should be receiving a new clam within 10 to 12 days of the company getting the logos in the mail ;D ;D.

Thanks cnyfishing!

Andrew
Andrew

Offline cnyfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2005, 01:52 PM »
Thanks cnyfishing!
no problem  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.