The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: I want to go Just one more time!! Any die hards out there fishing!!  (Read 5691 times)

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
I went out yesterday after work and fished on a solid 20" of ice.  Central VT area.

Where did you go ? how was the fishing ?
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline TroutWhisperer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Where did you go ? how was the fishing ?

I sent you a PM
2GUYZ FISHING

Offline dave b.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • waitin for winter
I fished on 16 -17 inches today. If the weather cooperates we can be ice fishing in April  :)

Offline grampieshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
 Fished Sat on Bomo. 13" of ice still. 3 perch, 1 was really nice, & small bass that was sent back. Gonna hit it again next weekend.
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work

Offline simong

• IceShanty Rookie
8" of ice on southern lakes, bass perch bluegills on lake paran were hitting very well

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
The gut still has ice. Shore is getting soft though.
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Did anybody go ice fishing this past weekend, i was so busy doing a bouncing job at night and then putting a new shower in at my house, i did not have time to go. :'(  I heard the perch bite is picking up at Bomo, :o is that true ? i am making plans to fish this weekend at Bomo for perch and blue gills. how the ice holding up?
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Fished Sat on Bomo. 13" of ice still. 3 perch, 1 was really nice, & small bass that was sent back. Gonna hit it again next weekend.

Where you fishing at Bomo??? on the north or south end

Offline grampieshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
Where you fishing at Bomo??? on the north or south end
North end by the golf course.

Offline NoFishInThisLake

• IceShanty Rookie
I haven't been to Bomo in about a month, but we had some very good luck in February on the west side, in that bay by the chaple. The house with the green deck and the flag pole. 30-40 feet of water.

All on tip-ups. A dozen each day, approaching 1lb.

Offline vt-jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
I broke the long rods out and fished the conn. on sunday. Got skunked. managed to only have one "incident" with my baitcaster after not using it all winter. ;)  im assuming the perch are hittin at rood pond because theres been a guy out there quite often lately (one of you guys perhaps?) But im done hardwater fishing for the year. The last time i went out, half the ice had softened up, leaving about 6" of hard ice. Even though its probly safe, i dont like being out there when i know its deteriorating. For all you guys who are going to stick with it until the very end, BE SAFE! 
"Guys, Come look! This perch is as big as my house!"

Offline CrappieVermonter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Did anyone go out on bomo today how is the ice holding up I hope we still have some this weekend somewhere.

Offline bomo fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice team power stick , maki plastic , T7customrods prostaff
just got off bomo ice was soft but still ok will probably be last weekend for sure  :icefish:

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
just got off bomo ice was soft but still ok will probably be last weekend for sure  :icefish:
Andrew
Where were you fishing? The north end? I plan on going this weekend for one last hoooray!!! are you going to be out there? how was the bite on bomo.

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
Yesterday was my last day in the champlain islands. Those choosing to keep fishing please be careful.
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Offline grampieshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
Was planning to hit bomo 1 last time sat, but forgot my grandaughter is spending the night fri & is looking forward to grampies sat morning breakfast. Oh well. Happy with the year I had anyway.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.