The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: I want to go Just one more time!! Any die hards out there fishing!!  (Read 5689 times)

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
I spent last weekend in the NEK and i know the ice up there is still pretty good and they are still driving out on most lakes , but i like to get in one more weekend in before i call quits for the year. i fished Bomo, on the north end on Monday afternoon and for a while i was only one out there and i started hammering the big perch slammer perch again .

So i am wondering if anyone has fished Bomo or anywhere else since the rainstorm we had the other day and if so what are the Ice conditions.

Please let me know.

I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline smithsfish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 20 pounds 2 ounces
I talked to the guy at Toms Bait shop and he said that there was still ice, i will be up on Glen In the am!

Offline dave bartlett

• Team IceShanty Regular
    There fishing all over Bomo still.My buddy went yesterday and the day before.Shores not to bad and 12 inches of hard ice.

Offline bomo fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice team power stick , maki plastic , T7customrods prostaff
be safe out there this weekend if you go , just because there is ice dont mean its safe and dont trust what some people say about ice being safe check it for yourself  and dont go alone  :icefish:

Offline jonny jigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
fish dillinbeck yesterday got 50 feet off shore went though a foot of ice up to my waste climb out walk 5 feet went though again becarefull  the ice is soft and not safe. its not worth a couple fish.

Offline tusky322

• IceShanty Rookie
i fished off cones pt on st cathrine all day, ice was fine, well over a foot, it was actually makin ice all day.  I live on bomo, listenin to it sing right now.  This cold has locked these two lakes back up, not that they were goin out, just that any damage mon-wed did, today made up for it!  Honestly 18 inches still on both lakes!  I didnt even hesitate today!  was out there at 6 am

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
fish dillinbeck yesterday got 50 feet off shore went though a foot of ice up to my waste climb out walk 5 feet went though again becarefull  the ice is soft and not safe. its not worth a couple fish.
Bad way to end the season.  ;D

Frank D
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Offline simong

• IceShanty Rookie
i'd look up high, Wallingford should be hard still, somerset, grout if you don't mind a hike on snowshoes, red mill pond is still holding snowmobiles,  ::) ::) guy and a kid on barbers last night, I wouldn't be, but they were skinny and maybe fast. :o

I have 15F at 0730 in glastenbury, talked ot my brother back home in santa clara and he has 3F, its time to head to the north country if you want safe ice.

Offline grampieshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
I spent last weekend in the NEK and i know the ice up there is still pretty good and they are still driving out on most lakes , but i like to get in one more weekend in before i call quits for the year. i fished Bomo, on the north end on Monday afternoon and for a while i was only one out there and i started hammering the big perch slammer perch again .Please let me know.
Hey BW, I'm planning on fishing Bomo this weekend. Where are the perch biting?
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey BW, I'm planning on fishing Bomo this weekend. Where are the perch biting?

I will be South of ecklys point in that Area, I was out there last Monday and got about 15 or so nice perch and even a few crappies and blue gills . i plan on being over there all weekend . i usually get out there about mid morning and fish until dark if the bite is good .
Also when i was out there on Monday this guy who had a shanty over by crystal beach..he  picked up jacks that were on the ice and his huge   :%$#!: live well he had on the ice . so when i went over to where he had the live well there was huge open hole that was at least 3 feet by 3 feet so i found some wood that retard left from shanty being there and marked the hole as best i could so hopefully people will walk around the wood if they see it. what scares me now is that last night was cold and it probably froze that huge hole over just a little bit and someone is going to walk over that hole and just fall right in . so be careful out there. this huge hole is like 75 yards southwest of that little inlet above crystal beach kinda in the center of the lake
Good luck , maybe we will bump into each other out there.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline grampieshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
I will be South of ecklys point in that Area, I was out there last Monday and got about 15 or so nice perch and even a few crappies and blue gills . i plan on being over there all weekend . i usually get out there about mid morning and fish until dark if the bite is good .
Also when i was out there on Monday this guy who had a shanty over by crystal beach..he  picked up jacks that were on the ice and his huge   :%$#!: live well he had on the ice . so when i went over to where he had the live well there was huge open hole that was at least 3 feet by 3 feet so i found some wood that retard left from shanty being there and marked the hole as best i could so hopefully people will walk around the wood if they see it. what scares me now is that last night was cold and it probably froze that huge hole over just a little bit and someone is going to walk over that hole and just fall right in . so be careful out there. this huge hole is like 75 yards southwest of that little inlet above crystal beach kinda in the center of the lake
Good luck , maybe we will bump into each other out there.
Thanks for the info BW. Where are you parking.I was thinking I would park at Crystal Beach & walk on from there. Also was wondering how the shore is?
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I went to bomo yesterday and the Perch were super finicky.. i never seen this finicky i only managed 6 big slammers. I fished from 10 am to 5:30 and i did not get my first perch until 3:00 . i must of threw every combonation of baits and colors at them , even live minnows and they would snub their noses to everything i had to offer.
Finally i found out they were keying in on.... GREEN colors , so i switched to green fiska jig and a green plastic whip. and that seemed to work for awhile.

Anyways for all you die hards out there .. Bomo still has plenty of ice on the main lake , just be careful of the shore line ..it looks at little sketchy in some spots.

Good Luck   

Offline pikemanEd

• Team IceShanty Regular
In ct we are fishing on 10-12in of ok ice at over 1000ft ill still be fishing here for maybe 2 more weeks you guys up there might have good ice in to April  ;)
Go big or go home

Offline pwicefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake Elmore had 18 inches of solid black ice today, pike bite was a little slow

Offline HUNTnFISHSD

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Die Hard Fisherman
 I also want one more time.

chimo

My brother was fishing St Cat yesterday, still a solid 12 inches there as well.  Bite was pretty slow though. 

Offline ICE_HOOK

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish now or never !!!!!!!
Still can't figure out why the bite is slow this year, everybody is having the same issue. I know that the deer herd is down around central Vt. but what happened to the fish? Fish and Game must know ! Right? ha

Offline CrappieVermonter

• Team IceShanty Regular
If thers some more weather like last nights then we may get 2 more weeks. The shallow water panfishing should really pick up in the comeing weeks . after last year id love to fish as much as possible good luck and stay dry to any one going out still

Offline Fish-On-VT

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Duff Shack!
No deer... No fish... & now we might actually get a snow storm; that will cause to put away the tipups & get out the turkey gun & trout rod!!

Tip Up !!! :tipup:

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I fished bomo last Saturday and the perch were super finicky.. i only managed like 6 decent size perch. i could see the perch come in on my vexliar and come right up to my lure then just swim off.  ??? :%$#!:

i switched to a green Fiska tungsten jig tipped with a green "whip" and that seemed to work the best when i was out there .

I plan on going over there again this weekend and hopefully the bite is allot better

my answer to  the slow fishing is the unstable whether conditions we had this year. First we have a cold front then its like 50 the next day. when the whether was stable this year i had my best days of fishing. i believe the best days to fish if you can is  when the whether has been stable for a few days with no dramatic temperature changes  and there is some cloud cover above.

Offline ICE_HOOK

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish now or never !!!!!!!
Yup! Lots of wind this year - how does that go - wind from the east - fishing is the least - winds from the west - fishing is the BEST! Those damm wrap around fronts have screwed us up!

Offline jpmVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'll definitely be out this weekend, even with this rain and snow I'm sure smaller bodies are totally fine, been sticking close to home. Went out for just about 1 hour Saturday and tossed back 9 seeds. Caught 3 perch over 9" and kept the 2 over 10". Not the most exciting stuff but over a dozen pannies in an hour plus a few fish tacos is nothing to complain about. Have fun and be safe folks.

Offline camo ninja

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm thinking about maybe making one more run for some jumbo perch in the NEK if anyone wants some good eats

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm thinking about maybe making one more run for some jumbo perch in the NEK if anyone wants some good eats

Where in the NEK??? i was up that way 2 weekend ago and i fished Magog for perch on that Saturday and got about 15 decent size perch no monsters but all the perch were 8-11 inches long. I found out later what they were eating when i cleaned them . There bellies were full of scuds and other bottom feeding larve. So if you have any plastics that resembles that , give it a try .
Good Luck .

Offline camo ninja

• Team IceShanty Regular
Where in the NEK??? i was up that way 2 weekend ago and i fished Magog for perch on that Saturday and got about 15 decent size perch no monsters but all the perch were 8-11 inches long. I found out later what they were eating when i cleaned them . There bellies were full of scuds and other bottom feeding larve. So if you have any plastics that resembles that , give it a try .
Good Luck .
I went out acouple weekends ago too and caught like 20 over 12" on pike tip-ups with pike bait ...only had time to jig up a few between flags , was hoping to go back and actually target them

Offline CrappieVermonter

• Team IceShanty Regular
All I can say is friday,saterday, and sunday are going to be crappie days  ;D good luck to any of you going out stay safe and injoy. Spring is comeing but im in no rush

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
im hitting carry Saturday going to be my last trip on champlain then hitting ny should be at least 3 more weeks on sat
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well i am going to head to bomo this weekend again. last weekend was extremely frustrating , the perch were being super finicky. so hopefully this will change.
Has anybody been on bomo lately?
Hows the bite going ?
How much ice still?
thanks for the info

Offline TroutWhisperer

• Team IceShanty Regular
I went out yesterday after work and fished on a solid 20" of ice.  Central VT area.
2GUYZ FISHING

Offline Fishin Rookie

• IceShanty Rookie
Nice to know there is still that much ice in places.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.