Author Topic: Simcoe for Friday Innisfil  (Read 449 times)

Offline MicKilL

• IceShanty Rookie
Simcoe for Friday Innisfil
« on: Mar 13, 2013, 08:53 PM »
Hey Just wanted to to know what the ice and fishing conditions were like this week with the warm weather.. did it make the ice punky and soft at all or is it still solid?  I see there is cold weather for this week, I'll be hitting some part of cooks bay from the Innisfil side.  Last round I was out Feb 23rd it was a bunch of small guys with the odd 10 incher..  <20 FOW (the depth finder is next on the list of lists of things to buy)  cisco's flying by here and there landing/releasing one.

Here's a pick from my Jan 15th outing  this is in a 24 inch laundry tub.

Offline MicKilL

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Simcoe for Friday Innisfil
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2013, 04:57 AM »
It was cold and blowing snow, thought the fish would be on but, it was a poor poor day, 50 fish iced for the 2 of us.  so many cisco's it was insane how many would follow going up the hole.  One was the size of a pike it had some shoulders to it being over 19 inches.  25-30 FOW, not many guys out, HUGE pressure crack happened mid bay, felt that ice move.  Hot pink was the colour of the day for simcoe bugs. I tried every jig i could think of and forage minnow w/gulp minnow head ended up getting the big.. hehe 10 inch one of the day.  over 18 inches of ice at 6th line still.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.