Author Topic: which 1 ice 45 or ice 55?  (Read 2021 times)

jcjohnson45

• IceShanty Newbie
Re: which 1 ice 45 or ice 55?
« Reply #20 on: Feb 27, 2017, 11:04 AM »
Hope you don't break it. Hummingbird will not sell you any internal part. I broke the upper control knob. It attaches to a plug and play part that cost $25. It's an easy self-fix, but Hummingbird wanted $91.50 plus shipping to repair it, plus the loss of time with the unit in the middle of the season.

I was able to find a company in Canada that sold me the part and it took two days to get it.

I will NEVER buy another Hummingbird product!

What company did you get this part from?  Need to get my buddy's fixed before our Canada trip in 3 weeks.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • I'd rather be Fishing!
« Reply #21 on: Feb 27, 2017, 12:43 PM »
thanks for joining us and welcome! great first post btw!!
i sent him a pm asking also for the part info.
my ice55 is junk too and part of the reason is that part. hb refused to replace it on mine after i paid them to fix it.
the costs have gone way up. they now get 180$ plus all the shipping is on you.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • I'd rather be Fishing!
« Reply #22 on: Mar 01, 2017, 08:10 AM »
no response after the pm either. he was last active feb. 27th too.

guess we'll never know.

yotepounder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Mar 01, 2017, 08:40 AM »
I have the 55, it's been a solid unit. When you get down past 100 feet it is not as nice as my lx7, that's the only downfall I've had.Like it needs more power. Also I did snap off my knob and got taxed by the factory.  However to snap off the knob there had to be some bad stress going on.Have had the 55 since first year available no problems that I didn't cause. And the guy crying about $95 to fix the knob, when's the last time you had any electronics work done. Sounded cheap to me. I know I paid the 180.😫

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • I'd rather be Fishing!
« Reply #24 on: Mar 01, 2017, 09:32 AM »
it's a 4 year old post. some one brought if from the ashes to ask a question about the power/depth decoder switch.

i need one too and it is not worth another 180$ to try to get them to replace it. i already paid them to replace it and they refused.
this thread maybe the only way to get one for me. i don't use my ice55 either, but it would be great if it at least worked like it should.
the lx9 is so much better in every way.

being a 4 year old thread means hb's flat rate has increased several times.

jackpine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #25 on: Mar 02, 2017, 10:19 PM »
Well I bought a ice 55 then a good deal came up on a fl22hd so I bought it as well. So the flasher count is now up to nine. I just going to keep the 22 and try to sell the 55. I thought about keeping it as a back up but I already have a trolled 2.0 with a performance pack for that. Maybe I should buy a lx7 just to make it an even 10! LOL
Thanks for all the input!
Matt

OK, old post but, 9 Flashers, wow. I'm still using a Colorpoint, got to be 25yrs. old and it works great. Liked the Colorpoint so well I picked up a spare.
Keep Your Auger Sharp

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.