The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: ironwood at the pac.  (Read 940 times)

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ironwood at the pac.
« on: Mar 05, 2013, 08:02 PM »
we are heading to ironwood saturday.about 8 of us.hopeing to fish to left of launch.in front of camp ground.im hopeing that SEA CAT shows up to measure our fish.i will have my lic. ready to be checked.nothing like a GUPPY COP.on the job.all jokeing aside good luck and be safe.

Offline walleyeken

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ironwood at the pac.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2013, 07:17 AM »
Good luck Chez.  Let us know how you do.  My buddy says that is one of the best spots on "The Big Lake".  I fished it for the first time a few weeks ago and was surprised how deep it got just a few yards from shore off the point.
Be safe.

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2013, 07:45 AM »
Good luck Chez.  Let us know how you do.  My buddy says that is one of the best spots on "The Big Lake".  I fished it for the first time a few weeks ago and was surprised how deep it got just a few yards from shore off the point.
Be safe.
it is one of my better spots on the lake.tons of guys fish it too.it just a hit and miss  spot.sometimes you clobber them,other times the big skunk.its a great spot in the spring for smallmouths CATCH AND RELEASE OF COURSE.i hat to post that because SOMEONE might suggest we keep them there would be some confusion FOR SURE.LOL.4"tube jigs brown flake in front of the campground.we have a ball there in the spring.good lluck to yourself and be safe.looks like this might be the last safe weekend.

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2013, 08:34 AM »
it is one of my better spots on the lake.tons of guys fish it too.it just a hit and miss  spot.sometimes you clobber them,other times the big skunk.its a great spot in the spring for smallmouths CATCH AND RELEASE OF COURSE.i hat to post that because SOMEONE might suggest we keep them there would be some confusion FOR SURE.LOL.4"tube jigs brown flake in front of the campground.we have a ball there in the spring.good lluck to yourself and be safe.looks like this might be the last safe weekend.

I've hooked a few smallies in that area through the ice around this time of year  ;)

I'm planning on being out somewhere on the big lake Friday, might head out from ironwood again or might head out from Cafferys
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline personality529

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2013, 09:39 AM »
i was on ironwood last mon did not do much a couple perch and a pickler GOOD LUCK

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hook 'em and Cook 'em...TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2013, 10:41 AM »
I'm glad you'll be joining us chez!! The rebel team will be out in full force!!....I'll be bringing more back straps and pickled pickerel forsure!!  ;D

Ice Fisherman Walk on Water!

Offline The Ricks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2013, 08:28 PM »
Ski hunter        be careful if fishing from cafferys around boulder point there was a large pressure crack that ran across the lake ....it was wide too ...to wide to cross

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #7 on: Mar 07, 2013, 01:55 AM »
Ski hunter        be careful if fishing from cafferys around boulder point there was a large pressure crack that ran across the lake ....it was wide too ...to wide to cross

thanks for the heads up...I always have a plank with me this time of year on the big lake just in case
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.