The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: please be careful  (Read 581 times)

Offline Nam 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Never Forget Them! All Gave Some but Some Gave ALL
please be careful
« on: Mar 03, 2013, 02:06 PM »

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: please be careful
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2013, 11:39 PM »
thats terrible,they dont give much details but it doesnt matter now anyway,I wont go on thin ice anymore I wait until theres at least 5 or 6 inches before I head out,I remember using a plank to get on the pack years ago,not anymore it aint worth it, good common sence goes a long way to

Offline walleyeken

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2013, 03:56 PM »
very sad

Offline icehippy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2013, 11:36 PM »
sorry to here the news. lost another ice brother. please be carefull. i know somebody that went in at ontlaunee on a warm friday 2 weeks ago. he had on a life jacket,a artic armour suit and ice picks. he got right back out no problem without the picks. plus there was another guy close by ready to help. if your going to take the chance at least have on a life jacket and picks. i am not saying it will save your life but it could help. i also know of another guy who went in years ago. when he went in he dislocated his shoulder and couldn't get out on his own. luckily there was someone nearby to help. if i'm not sure of safe conditions i usually take with a life jacket, ice picks, a long thick rope and try to get someone to go with me. its hard to find someone to go when you want to so i started getting more phone numbers this past year or so from the local people that go. anyway, be safe and don't be another satistic in the paper. good luck. later! :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.