The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: How Life Changes.....  (Read 1147 times)

Offline waterwolf42

• Team IceShanty Regular
How Life Changes.....
« on: Mar 03, 2013, 09:38 AM »
I have been fishing Michigan waters for over 30 years, enjoying every trip I take out on the lake, river or stream.  Even just sitting catching suckers on a bank can be exciting for me.  But ever since I have became a father, nothing is more exciting than watching my kids catch fish.  Even on the very few chances I fish alone, I now find myself not enjoying the experience nearly as much as I would be if my kids were by my side.  So to all the fathers, uncles, grandparents, moms & neighbors that take a kid fishing......kudos to you. 

Here are a few smiles of my kids from yesterday. 

rippin' lips one fish at a time 

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
Re: How Life Changes.....
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2013, 09:39 AM »
Fantastic :icefish: :clap: :thumbsup: Nice looking walleye kid ;D
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline iluvgillz

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2013, 09:41 AM »
That's awesome!!

Offline mikejd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2013, 09:53 AM »
awesome, nice fish to.

My biggest is 3 so I'm getting ready. I have attempted to take him out. Lets just say it was an experience to say the least. He wasn't quite ready. However I am a rod builder and he loves it. When I walk in the house after work first thing he says you wanna work on poles. I one time woke up and he was nose to nose with me waiting for me to wake. First thing he says lets go work on poles. Last night Im building a Jigging rod he goes can I have that its small, I said its an ice fishing pole he goes oh I don't ice fish I only regular fish. To funny.

Offline mtbigred

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2013, 10:04 AM »
I still remember the absolute excitment my daughter had with her first fish, a rainbow out of a montana river.  She was so excited to have hooked it on her own that she couldnt even reel it in!  That is one that will stay with me a life time!

Offline waterwolf42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2013, 10:11 AM »
awesome, nice fish to.

My biggest is 3 so I'm getting ready. I have attempted to take him out. Lets just say it was an experience to say the least. He wasn't quite ready. However I am a rod builder and he loves it. When I walk in the house after work first thing he says you wanna work on poles. I one time woke up and he was nose to nose with me waiting for me to wake. First thing he says lets go work on poles. Last night Im building a Jigging rod he goes can I have that its small, I said its an ice fishing pole he goes oh I don't ice fish I only regular fish. To funny.

Sounds like you will have a fishing partner for life  :thumbsup:
rippin' lips one fish at a time 

Offline mikejd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 03, 2013, 01:20 PM »
Sounds like you will have a fishing partner for life  :thumbsup:

I hope so. when he got up this morning he goes dad im going to go down to the shop and test that pole again it has a nice reeler. anyway now i totd him i will build it for him. Luckily it is an inexpensive blank and I bought 3. Also all glass so Might last longer then the 2 very expensive surf rods he broke on me a year or so ago. They were not his. :'( :'(

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2013, 01:29 PM »
Nice Fish & good job on your part,you are in for some good times!Both of my sons still fish with me often.They are 25 & 21.Been trying to find a young kid to take out fishin,I miss those days.
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline TeamDonut

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Liven the Dream
« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2013, 02:42 PM »
That right there is what all about. Those are the memories that those little guys will remember forever. Great job on leading them out into the great outdoors. It's better than any video game out there bit they all just need someone to get them out there.

Offline MoJoRisin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 04, 2013, 10:06 AM »
My boy will be 4 in a month......we had him casting a kiddie rod on the Betsie River last year just for kicks with a kiddie weight - he's a natural - he did not want any instructions, he grabed the rod and was casting in less than 5 minutes. He got to see a few kings caught the last day we were there over Labor Day weekend and he wanted to stay a few more days. He'll be ready real soon.

I'm going to be changing gears on my boat situation so I can panfish easier. The 19.5 4Winns is setup as a salmon boat and not very well setup for shallow gills and perch. Sold the old 14.5 Starcraft as part 1 of the transformation, next the 4 Winns goes when it gets out of storage then onto a 17.5 or 18.5 aluminum family fish killer.

Offline mt.perchman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • big perch hunter !
« Reply #10 on: Mar 04, 2013, 06:49 PM »
HELL YES !!! i havent fished with my oldest in over 8 years  :'( :'( :'( it will be great to get together again !!!! glad to be back in michigan !!!!
Dreaming of a full bucket.

Offline pastaboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH - ON!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 04, 2013, 08:20 PM »
Nothin' like family time doin' somethin' fun!  :thumbsup:

Offline Grunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Mar 04, 2013, 11:04 PM »
Great pics Wolf ! Treasure these times - they grow up quick and then they get stuck doing the adult thing for awhile and it's tough for them to find time to fish with Dad !

Man - do I have a lot of great memories of fishing with my 4 kids when they were young ! Now they are finally starting to be able to get back out with me sometimes  :)

Offline Fishking83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 05, 2013, 09:32 AM »
Awesome picture.  Way to go dad, keep it up :clap: :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.