The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Eskimo model 9000 3hp ....IM LOST  (Read 6829 times)

Offline thinktwicez71

• Team IceShanty Regular
Eskimo model 9000 3hp ....IM LOST
« on: Mar 01, 2013, 07:42 PM »
i bought this auger from a guy on craigslist .  $130.00 . it would run but not right.  i got it home and the first thing i did was a compression test , 135lbs.  so i figure compression is good .  i took the whole carb apart and cleaned it ( a few times actually).  i put in it a new diaphram and gasket , a new needle , seat , and spring , new plug , removed the muffler to check it out and all is good there ( cylinder walls look mint with all the factory cross hatching present. problem is it bogges in the whole and i dont think the settings for it are right.  when it seems to be cutting at its best the high speed and low speed screws are both 1/8- 1/4 out and it still boggs some ( gets better the more i turn it in , but there is basically no adjustment left.

im wondering if the high and low speed screws are the right ones ?  can some1 post a picture of their high and low speed adjustment screws removed so i can get an idea ?

thanks alot - Art

oh yeah , also brand new blades and the point is nice and sharp .

Offline thinktwicez71

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Eskimo model 9000 3hp ....IM LOST
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2013, 07:49 PM »
these are the screws in it , silver one is the high , black is the idle

Offline thinktwicez71

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2013, 08:17 AM »
carb is a lauson carb ( says on the bottom of the diaphram cover ) it has f-3 stamped into the carb so when i reassembled it i put it carb body , diaphram , gasket , cover.  i am outta ideas here.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2013, 11:59 AM »
Have you given any thought to asking your questions over in the Eskimo Owner's thread. You'll probably get much better results.     ;)2

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=152698.2140

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2013, 12:26 PM »
carb is a lauson carb ( says on the bottom of the diaphram cover ) it has f-3 stamped into the carb so when i reassembled it i put it carb body , diaphram , gasket , cover.  i am outta ideas here.

Lawson Power Products was Tecumseh engines. I imagine that's a Tecumseh T-3, three HP engine.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline thinktwicez71

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2013, 12:37 PM »
thanks for the reply , for a while there i thought i walked out in a field and asked my question to god. :o

the engine is a tecumseh av520-670127M

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2013, 07:51 AM »
Parts everywhere for those guys....any small engine repair shop can get ya what ya need.... best bullet-proof engine ever made!!  This will get ya everything ya need....the complete tech manual...online!!!  ;)

http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/manual/tecumsehcarburetormanual.pdf
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline hoppy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2013, 07:25 AM »
you said your needled are 1/8 and 1/4 out.................th at isnt enough. first make sure you have the right needled in the right spots. Id start over with both out one full turn. that should get you running. let it warm up then adjust your high. go back and then adjust your idle. 1/8 and 1/4 is not lettting enough fuel in. If it runs that way then something isnt right inside your carb. Metering lever set right for needle? You have a carb problem for sure.

Offline thinktwicez71

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2013, 10:00 AM »
I got it all set now , new Tecumseh carb , new clutch and drum from Eskimo.  Runs like a champ now.  The carb is part # 640290 , everyone says they aren't adjustable but mine came with a high and low adjustment screws and idle just like my original.
Carb is from partstree

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.