Author Topic: Wordens 2/17  (Read 1085 times)

Offline woodstock60

• Team IceShanty Regular
Wordens 2/17
« on: Feb 17, 2013, 07:22 PM »
I plan on taking the long drive to Wordens tommorrow, If anyone in the area knows if it is open water, please feel free to save me the trip otherwise I will share my findings with all.    Ronnie

Offline richf1971

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Wordens 2/17
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2013, 06:26 PM »
Did you end up checking it out?

Offline woodstock60

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2013, 07:02 PM »
Yes I did make it to Wordens with Cold ice Steve, we had 5-6" of white ice when we arrived but the warm rain did chew it up a little.  We caught a fair amount of fish whitch included many pickeral ( Steve iced a 4# 13 oz monster) several bass ( Steve iced a solid 5#er) 8 or so jumbo yellow perch, some crappie, white perch and a cat. No pike were caught at all. I think the fact that the state has not stocked in several years is starting to show up. I can remember many trips to wordens where dozens of pike were caught, now your lucky to catch 1 or 2. I will post a vid of Steve's bass soon.     Ronnie

Offline richf1971

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2013, 07:28 PM »
awesome
thanks for the report

Offline BASSRI

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2013, 07:29 PM »
Yes I did make it to Wordens with Cold ice Steve, we had 5-6" of white ice when we arrived but the warm rain did chew it up a little.  We caught a fair amount of fish whitch included many pickeral ( Steve iced a 4# 13 oz monster) several bass ( Steve iced a solid 5#er) 8 or so jumbo yellow perch, some crappie, white perch and a cat. No pike were caught at all. I think the fact that the state has not stocked in several years is starting to show up. I can remember many trips to wordens where dozens of pike were caught, now your lucky to catch 1 or 2. I will post a vid of Steve's bass soon.     Ronnie

Sounds like a great day me!

Offline pascoag icefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2013, 07:47 PM »
Great day! Will have to check out video when posted.

Offline Cold Ice Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Conserve and protect the environment
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2013, 09:53 AM »
It was indeed a very good day... I had 3 holes that hardly stopped getting hits. We were there from about 7:30 to 4:00 and except for a lull at midday, the flags were steady. As we were trying to pick up, the flags were non stop.. But by then the rain made it very miserable out there.
The big pickerel was one of the biggest I have seen in over 50 years of hard water fishing.  :o
Hope the upcoming weekend weather doesn't end the ice at wordens.
Steve :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't care and the people that do don't matter.

Offline _Icecold_

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2013, 07:01 PM »
awesome! i gotta bucket of smelts and a pocket full of confidence and i hope to fish for bass perch and cats on little pond in cumberand  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.