The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Inland sea  (Read 2370 times)

Offline 4idvet

• IceShanty Rookie
Inland sea
« on: Feb 17, 2013, 01:31 PM »
Fished the inland sea this morning. Caught 8 dozen perch in about 3 hours. 12 of which were pounders and the rest were pretty good but not quiet as big. About a foot of ice.

Offline wmhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wes McRae
Re: Inland sea
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2013, 03:12 PM »
Where and what is the inland sea?
Come on get on the ice fish!!

Offline 4idvet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2013, 04:03 PM »
Grand isle state park. Inland sea is the inland side of champlain. Meaning vt side to the islands.

Offline sonny88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2013, 06:16 PM »
I fished there yesterday and today.... it was slow....and didn't see anyone doing anything.....pics please?
Also, if you do have good luck, posting the exact spot on this website doesn't help your future chances.

Offline 4idvet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2013, 05:34 AM »
I have never posted pictures on here so it might take me a minute. Champlain is a big lake and the perch are hit and miss so if someone want to use my holes feel free.

Offline vtbuckrulrss

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2013, 11:12 AM »
I have never posted pictures on here so it might take me a minute. Champlain is a big lake and the perch are hit and miss so if someone want to use my holes feel free.

Exactly.  People on here are pretty, odd shall we say, about "their" spots and such.  Whenever I have been fishing one day, or even the weekend before, only to come back to find someone else fishing where I was, I sure don't stomp my feet, cry, then carry on about it on some fishing board, I just move, or move over. It's fishing.  How do you know you weren't in "their" spot?  How long should that be "your" spot?  Hours, days, weeks?  If I am fishing near you, you pick up for the day and head out after having some success, while I have been having a poor day, you bet your butt I am not above going over and dropping my line in your hole.  Pretty childish behaviors on some people's part.  On a different post it was said how less and less good information is coming  across this forum.  It's true.  Should I not troll over your spot in the summer because you might be there in the winter?  If someone is good enough to be forthcoming about a spot that they had a decent bite going on, why the heck chastise them for it?
Silly rookies, traps are for animals!!  Tilts are for kids!!  Fishermen use tip ups!

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Passing along the traditions
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2013, 11:20 AM »
Champlain is a big lake and the perch are hit and miss so if someone want to use my holes feel free.

Hey thanks! Where exactly are they? Are they easy to find? I will be fishing up there this weekend and it sounds like these honey holes are just the ticket to put us on the perch, hopefully they won't be froze over by then but then again, since they are your holes, maybe you keep them open all the time? Thanks!  :icefish:

Offline PerchHawk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2013, 01:50 PM »
No good deed goes unpunished.

Offline sonny88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2013, 03:39 PM »
I have no problem with giving info in private posts and most on here will. However, this post has been read over 300 times and there is very limited parking in this spot. If even 10% of the people that read this show up here next saturday there won't be enough room to park. I fish salt water in the summer and have learned alot of the salt water forums from very knowledgeable fisherman. And, if you ever burned one of their spots like this post did they find you, kill you, your outspring, your dogs and burn your house down!!  ;D That may be a slight exaggeration but you get my point. Don't totaly ruin a spot whether good or bad by anouncing to the world you killed 'em there today!!

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2013, 05:26 PM »
Inland Sea is big...there are plenty of access areas that are on it aside form GISP.
Try Georgia Shore, Apple Island, Keeler's etc...there's plenty of room and plenty of fish.

Offline sonny88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2013, 05:49 PM »
My point exactly Mudchuck, why not just say I had a good day in the Inland Sea rather than be so specific with the location.

Offline 4idvet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2013, 06:01 PM »
Well I guess I have learned my lesson on this site. Over the past year I have been a watcher on this site and gotten great info that has help me catch fish and thought by giving out info a might repay the people on this site but clearly that is not what this site is about and make sure that I do not make this mistake twice!

Offline Troutmagnet

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2013, 06:47 PM »
Well I guess I have learned my lesson on this site. Over the past year I have been a watcher on this site and gotten great info that has help me catch fish and thought by giving out info a might repay the people on this site but clearly that is not what this site is about and make sure that I do not make this mistake twice!
Don't be too quick to zip your lips. Many of us will freely exchange our success and failures. Tight lines to you.

Offline keithm87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Feb 18, 2013, 06:59 PM »
I think most people appreciate the info, there are just a few bad apples on here that flip out any time anyone gives even the smallest hint of where the fish are biting. To be honest it is kinda sad, Champ is huge, and inland sea is as well, there are perch all over, telling us where you caught them isn't gonna make someone drive there to catch them. People need to calm down, and in the future share as much as you please, whats the point of a forum if every post is has to be so vague as to read like: "I may or may not have gone fishing today, there may have been 12 inches of ice or there may have been 2, I may have limited out but coulda been skunked, and btw this all may have happened in the general vicinity of our solar system." It's idiotic to be on a forum thats purpose is ice fishing information if you can't share, and ask for information. People need to put their big girl panties on, or just not be on here. There are hundreds of lakes and ponds in the state, they all hold fish and as such it should be no issue to share info if you want. Next time you should give GPS coordinates, as well as the exact depth and lures used just to see how they react!

Offline 4idvet

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline vtbuckrulrss

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 18, 2013, 07:33 PM »
I think most people appreciate the info, there are just a few bad apples on here that flip out any time anyone gives even the smallest hint of where the fish are biting. To be honest it is kinda sad, Champ is huge, and inland sea is as well, there are perch all over, telling us where you caught them isn't gonna make someone drive there to catch them. People need to calm down, and in the future share as much as you please, whats the point of a forum if every post is has to be so vague as to read like: "I may or may not have gone fishing today, there may have been 12 inches of ice or there may have been 2, I may have limited out but coulda been skunked, and btw this all may have happened in the general vicinity of our solar system." It's idiotic to be on a forum thats purpose is ice fishing information if you can't share, and ask for information. People need to put their big girl panties on, or just not be on here. There are hundreds of lakes and ponds in the state, they all hold fish and as such it should be no issue to share info if you want. Next time you should give GPS coordinates, as well as the exact depth and lures used just to see how they react!

X2!  My feelings exactly.  I appreciate what people tell me too, or what I read here.  That doesn't mean I will run right to that spot tomorrow.
Silly rookies, traps are for animals!!  Tilts are for kids!!  Fishermen use tip ups!

Offline vtpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Feb 18, 2013, 08:51 PM »

Offline PerchHawk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 19, 2013, 04:53 AM »
Ditto on the Inland Sea, there are a lot of places that hold lots of perch. Nice mess of fish, BTW.

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 19, 2013, 06:33 AM »
The part of his post that cracked me up is the "you are welcome to use MY holes" HAHAHAHA!! :roflmao: :roflmao: I have never thought of any holes I drilled as "mine" after I pulled my line from them and moved on so to offer "his" holes to others made me chuckle :laugh: :laugh:

Enjoy the site 4idvet :icefish:

Offline cbice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 19, 2013, 07:35 AM »
Congrata on a nice batch of fish.  Aside from walleye those are my favorite to eat. 

Offline 4idvet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 19, 2013, 08:33 AM »
how about i change the wording to OUR holes and you can help me keep them clean seeing that you will be up this weekend! wow just go out and fish instead of ripping apart a harmless post!

Offline booner1108

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Where are they Gord?
« Reply #21 on: Feb 19, 2013, 11:31 AM »
Nice catch, a lot of fillets there. I don't see anything wrong wtih referring to holes that I drilled and fished all day as mine. If I come back another time I might be looking for my old holes, and I don't care if someone else is using them or not. Its just a term of reference. Sit back and think before you start slamming people on here.

Offline rboot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Feb 19, 2013, 12:30 PM »
How did this thread get to this point.  I heard the perch are pounding at georgia shore right now.  If anybody wants to catch jumbo's, fish vantines boat launch if it is froze, sometimes it doesn't.
<br />Ice Fish Vermont

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Feb 19, 2013, 02:03 PM »
How did this thread get to this point.  I heard the perch are pounding at georgia shore right now.  If anybody wants to catch jumbo's, fish vantines boat launch if it is froze, sometimes it doesn't.
It's interesting isn't it? There seem to be two schools. The "I hammered them today" but won't tell you where school, and the "I'm always happy to share information" school. It's almost like we need a separate forum for each different mindset. 
Ice fishing is a social activity that may occasionally be interrupted by the catching of fish.

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 20, 2013, 06:41 AM »
Nice catch, a lot of fillets there. I don't see anything wrong wtih referring to holes that I drilled and fished all day as mine. If I come back another time I might be looking for my old holes, and I don't care if someone else is using them or not. Its just a term of reference. Sit back and think before you start slamming people on here.

Have you no sense of humor spooner? :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 20, 2013, 08:43 AM »
how about i change the wording to OUR holes and you can help me keep them clean seeing that you will be up this weekend! wow just go out and fish instead of ripping apart a harmless post!

It's all good there laddy, don't get yer knickers in a bunch and be so thin skinned. Part of this forum is taking some ribbing here and there.

Thanks for the update, the banks froze a bit late so it is good to know how much ice is out there  :tipup:

Offline booner1108

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Where are they Gord?
« Reply #26 on: Feb 20, 2013, 08:53 AM »
Is Booner and I have a great sense of humor. Don't take my previous post personally Lav, there seems to be a lot of negativity on this forum latley.

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 20, 2013, 09:30 AM »
Is Booner and I have a great sense of humor. Don't take my previous post personally Lav, there seems to be a lot of negativity on this forum latley.

DOH! Spell checker missed that, my bad.

Yeah, this place is wound a bit tight these days. I understand some folks concerns about "internet spot burn" that happens when somebody posts very specific fishing locations and next thing you know the place is packed and the "catching" goes to crap as a result. Some lakes are smaller than others and space can be cramped, I get that.

In a nutshell I appreciate everyone's posts about conditions, especially early and late season, saves folks time heading to places only to find no ice or real thin ice, etc. The information sharing is really great.

It seems that the general census is the fishing is slow or off this season, for whatever reason, and not everyone is having great success. It is what it is, no need to get amped up over it, just go out when you can, have fun and chase the fish around, it is still better than sitting home and NOT fishing.

Offline flagfishon

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You should have seen it! It was huge!
« Reply #28 on: Feb 20, 2013, 09:57 AM »
I think that the worry over "spots" is amusing.  Of course there are better areas than others for certain species, but LC is a big lake and the fish move around all the time.  The fact that someone did well in one spot, does not mean that someone else will do the same.  There are too many factors; weather, bait, time, luck, skill, and the fish.  I have fished right next to friends and watched them haul them in, using the same bait, six feet away.  An hour later it may be the other way around.  And another hour later, no bites at all.  I am certainly not going to go scour the ice for a few holes that someone did well at, in hopes that that same school of perch is sitting there waiting for me.

Offline rboot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Feb 20, 2013, 01:01 PM »
valentines was froze last week but it's all open water now.
aw that's funny, you wrote valentines!!!!! not vantines!!!!
<br />Ice Fish Vermont

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.