Author Topic: Flip over style?  (Read 1478 times)

Offline slimeball

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Flip over style?
« on: Oct 02, 2005, 01:06 AM »
Looking for a 2 man flipover. My father wants to start ice fishing with me this season. I need one thats light as possible because I'll be towing it by hand. One that has quality seating and ample room for two 200 lber's jigging for walleye,Vexilar & buddy heater. Thank you.

Jay.

Offline IcePirate

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Flip over style?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2005, 08:08 AM »
Take a look at the "Fish Trap Guide" or others from the Fish Trap line, they are by far the best out there .
C'mon fishy's , C'mon - South Shore Diehard since 66' - Vexilar , Clam corp., Ski-doo

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 02, 2005, 09:51 AM »
There are at least 4 or 5 good ones to choose from:

Frabill has the Ranger XLTwin(has separate seats) Set-Up: 96"L x 64"W x 67"H  Weight: 90 lbs
and Ice Cruiser 200 which you provide your own seating.Set-Up: 96" L x 63"W x 67"H  Weight: 62 lbs
Otter has the Medium Cabin(can have separate seats or a bench seat or provide your own). 65"L x 84"D x 70.5"H Weight is 60 pounds before any seating choice.
Eskimo has the Quick Flip 2 Deluxe with a bench seat. Size: 60" x 84" Height: 68". Weight: 88 lbs
Fish Trap has the guide (with separate seats). Size: 81” Long X 60” Wide Center Height: 60” Weight: 82 lbs
Shappell Rover 2.0 DX with a bench seat. Size: Set Up-66" Wx 88" Dx 72" H. Wt.: 71 lbs

If you normally pull through a bunch of snow, I think the Otter, Eskimo, or Shappell pull easier because of their higher sled design.
If you want the most bang for your buck, I think the Fish trap is the way to go.
If you want the strongest built, I think Otter has that with their square tubing and super sturdy sleds.
If you prefer a bench seat, then only Otter, Eskimo, and Shappell have those.
It all depends on what you're looking for, your budget, and what's available near you so you can actually go see them and sit inside them before you make your purchase. See how comfortable both of you will be while sitting in them. Make sure you have enough room for yourselves and everything you will bring.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Ken                                          

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #3 on: Oct 02, 2005, 11:21 AM »
Check out the Jigger DLX by Shoremaster Fabrics. Sturdy deep tub,easy setup, and seats that are adjustable front to back and side to side. Seats are optional and about 50 bucks each. No big names on the outside, but a nice flipover. Its not as tall as some of the others, but my son and I are both over 200 lbs and have been using one for about three years. It seems like they all started out compact and have been getting bigger all the time. I like it's compact design. My two cents.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2005, 08:48 AM »
I just got an Otter, med.cabin last spring on clearence and haven't used it yet. I don't know how it will work but the kid's love it for a play house :D. I'm thinking of holding square dance party's in it. I can't imagine needing more room than it has just for 2 peolpe.
        Jim

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather Be Ice Fishing!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2005, 09:32 AM »
Makes me want to "swing ma pardner round n round"!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.