Author Topic: Vexilar split shot test  (Read 9102 times)

Offline Duncan77

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Vexilar split shot test
« Reply #60 on: Feb 11, 2013, 09:00 PM »
I think we have killed the thread.

VEXILARS SUCK

That should get it going again.

you got it going again. MarCum sucks
Don't try to change me, my wife said that's her job.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #61 on: Feb 11, 2013, 09:00 PM »
Yuuuuuuup! Now if it would only check for context.  ;D

Context in the blue words.... are you trying to tell me it should be it's instead of its?
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #62 on: Feb 11, 2013, 09:01 PM »
you got it going again. MarCum sucks

You obviously have never seen a marcum on the ice. Marcum and its SFL and target separation is better than anything vexilar has come out with.  @)
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Duncan77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Feb 11, 2013, 09:07 PM »
I have only seen and used my LX3 tc.   I like the flat screen on my Vexilar. I purchased my LX3tc 6 years ago before the SFL.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #64 on: Feb 11, 2013, 09:10 PM »
I have only seen and used my LX3 tc.   I like the flat screen on my Vexilar. I purchased my LX3tc 6 years ago before the SFL.

I can work with that.

How can you own a marcum and say the vex is better. The flat screen vex is nothing but glares. That is their huge improvement, 20 year old technology but with a new and improved screen that cant be used in the sun.

EYECONICFISHING

Offline Duncan77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Feb 11, 2013, 09:17 PM »
I can work with that.

How can you own a marcum and say the vex is better. The flat screen vex is nothing but glares. That is their huge improvement, 20 year old technology but with a new and improved screen that cant be used in the sun.
[/quote

I have no problems with glares on mine. The Bottom Line, it's what I like. I never said any one was better, just sayingwhat they can do.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Feb 11, 2013, 09:17 PM »
Ilike the flat screen on my Marcum....

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #67 on: Feb 11, 2013, 09:21 PM »
Come on guys, dont quit on me now... I just got another drink.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Feb 11, 2013, 09:48 PM »
Context in the blue words.... are you trying to tell me it should be it's instead of its?

Dang! Firefox for Ubuntu, well at least my version, doesn't flag for context. Dang!  >:(

But ya, it's what I'm talking about, eh.  ;D

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Feb 11, 2013, 10:08 PM »
Big group hug  ;D Think if we were this passionate about something that really mattered and made a difference....oh forgot to mention Marcums rule! good night  ;D
Fishin red lines

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Feb 11, 2013, 10:22 PM »
About the only brand I'm totaly loyal to is GMC, anything else can and has changed depending on whats out on the market...Don't think anything though will get me away from my GMC's, although I am letting the wife stray to a Subaru...

Offline ddlpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Feb 11, 2013, 11:58 PM »
Internal combustion engines are so 1860's.  How can you drive with such old technology?

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #72 on: Feb 12, 2013, 07:40 AM »
Subaru outbacks are sweet. Wow this thread has really changed. ;D
Fishin red lines

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Feb 12, 2013, 10:05 AM »
the trick here in the video is in a number of things.

#1. zoom.  in order to get that high level of separation, you have to be in zoom.   marcums don't require the zoom to get it.  super fine line even takes it a step further. 

#2 the depth.  the vexilar if you ask me matches up more and more closely to marcum ID/Sep in deeper water over 30'.    once you start workign in the 20' range, vexilar can't compete in ID/Sep because the gain control is limited. 

if you shallow up a bit to say 20', you'll find the vex will not allow you to turn your gain down enough to get the same results.  we tested in 20 and found this to be the case.  we don't have access to 40+' of water here. 

if our deep water spots here weren't soft or open now i'd try and do a video.  maybe next year. 

in the end, target id/sep is kind of a silly argument to have anyway.  for me its similar to which audio cable is better or which hdmi cable gives a better picture.   for 95% of flasher applications or for 95% of users, its a unnoticeable difference.   there are other reasons i chose the flasher i use.

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #74 on: Feb 13, 2013, 02:03 PM »
And grizzlette shows hers.

And esox' little ankle biter speaks

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #75 on: Feb 13, 2013, 02:04 PM »
You know nothing about who I am, like I  said use what you want but dont say yours is best without having used the other...I don't care what you or anyone thinks of me, you don't count in my life....I stand by what I say and will prove it to anyone who puts their unit next to mine, so far after 5 years not 1 taker...

Oopps, someone get their panties in a bunch, which is quite funny...............

Offline mjk67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Feb 13, 2013, 08:58 PM »
You know nothing about who I am, like I  said use what you want but dont say yours is best without having used the other...I don't care what you or anyone thinks of me, you don't count in my life....I stand by what I say and will prove it to anyone who puts their unit next to mine, so far after 5 years not 1 taker...

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3021831/LX_6_settings#Post3021831

2nd post down... now we do.  I'd think a carpenter would be too busy to be constantly posting.... what with this BHO lead recovery!

I'd add -- might want to do a few curls..

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Feb 13, 2013, 09:38 PM »
Yea I'm a carpenter and a skinny one at that, your point??? I'm sure you do plenty of 12oz curls and have the body to prove it....Care to try and keep up with a skinny 46 year old carpenter ripping pounders for 16 hours straight?

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #78 on: Feb 13, 2013, 09:49 PM »
Where are you going with this MJK ??? I thought this was a fishing chat  ??? ... Think before you type... And going to other forums to get posts to paste on here is a bit much. Pretty sad.
Fishin red lines

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #79 on: Feb 14, 2013, 01:16 PM »
A pointless argument for sure.  I love my LX-5 and my old LX-1. I am of the opinion thats VEXs' SUCK!  jUST SAYIN-
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.