Author Topic: Francis Case - Platte area  (Read 892 times)

Offline BigSiouxRat

• IceShanty Rookie
Francis Case - Platte area
« on: Feb 05, 2013, 12:43 PM »
I've heard some good 3rd hand reports from the Buryaneks and Turgeon Wells areas recently.  No details, just that some guys were pulling easy limits.  Has anybody else heard anything like that?  Especially with more details about areas, depths, presentations, etc.  Thanks and I'll be sure to post if/when I get more details.
Good fishing everybody! 

Offline gix1k

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Francis Case - Platte area
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2013, 12:14 PM »
Went out there last weekend and Saturday had our limit in about three hours but Sunday was pretty slow was one short of the limit after 5 hours of fishing. Was in about 50 feet of water catching them on any color jig. We had the best luck just letting the rod sit on the floor of the shack and picking it up after the bit

Offline BigSiouxRat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2013, 03:12 PM »
Thanks for the report.  Did you have any trouble getting on the ice from shore?
Was told on another site that a ladder was needed to reach the good ice at Buryaneks.  Heard another report from some guys that did really well further south at Platte Creek two weeks ago.  They didn't have any issues getting on the ice there.  Just curious if this shoreline ice problem just happened recently or if it varies depending on where you are.  Thanks again for the info.

Offline kulven

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2013, 09:16 AM »
How much snow did they get in the platte area last weekend?
Is anyone fishing there now, or going out this weekend?
Any update on conditions out there would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.