The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: When mixing gas and oil at the fillingstation  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Fatfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
When mixing gas and oil at the fillingstation
« on: Jan 30, 2013, 10:45 AM »
OK,here is something that I have done for years, any way ever since ethanol has been in added to gas.
  When I fill up my one gallon can at the pump for my auger,first ,click the pump to premium,run at least 1/2 gal. of gas in the truck or car to make sure the hose has only premium gas in it. Then fill up your gallon can. You will have all premium gas in your mixture. Do this,that hose holds up to 1/4 gallon of gas. So if there is any ethanol gas in the hose it will be in your car or truck.   Jerry

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: When mixing gas and oil at the fillingstation
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2013, 11:50 AM »
All gas here IS Ethanol, doesn't matter whether it's premium or not.  You need to find a true
"Non-oxy" pump if you want ethanol free in Minnesota.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2013, 01:03 PM »
No such thing is ethanol free here. Have to go to a special filling station if you want it.

It was just in the news the other day that a gas station was caught putting 89 ethanol in 87 regular tanks. They said it was perfectly legal because they allow so much ethanol in each blend.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2013, 01:14 PM »
I just fill my 1 gallon auger can with ethanol free regular while I fill my truck with it since we don't have the 10% stuff shoved down our throats here yet. You guys that are forced to use it should be screaming as loud about it as you can and in my opinion the EPA should take a long hike on a short pier. 
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2013, 02:40 PM »
All gas here is non-ethanol.
No corn juice in our tanks!!! 
;D

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2013, 03:04 PM »
I just fill my 1 gallon auger can with ethanol free regular while I fill my truck with it since we don't have the 10% stuff shoved down our throats here yet. You guys that are forced to use it should be screaming as loud about it as you can and in my opinion the EPA should take a long hike on a short pier.

Whaddya expect when there's a corn likker plant on the edge of town, and local politician's that shove it down yer throat?? I'd like to take each ear of corn and shove it right up their....er, ah never mind.  ::)  Three non-oxy pumps, not places, in town, and it's a DOLLAR more a gallon. I am really getting tired of living in MAYOchester.......(aka CAWchester; Dorkchester) :%$#!: :%$#!:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2013, 03:54 PM »
I heard of a guy that would ride his Cycle into the station and using a 1 .5 gallon can would just go to all the pumps and hold the trigger open. He would almost fill his can and never pay a dime for it. If you put premium in your car you can get the 1/4 gallon out of the pump without turning it on.

By the way I have never tried this so not sure if it is true or not. Reason I have never tried it is because I am not a cheap person.

Not that there is anything wrong with cheap people.
<===Lefty===

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2013, 12:11 PM »
If you do that here you get banned from the station. They consider it shoplifting, even though the person before you payed for it.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2013, 09:44 AM »
Whaddya expect when there's a corn likker plant on the edge of town, and local politician's that shove it down yer throat?? I'd like to take each ear of corn and shove it right up their....er, ah never mind.  ::)  Three non-oxy pumps, not places, in town, and it's a DOLLAR more a gallon. I am really getting tired of living in MAYOchester.......(aka CAWchester; Dorkchester) :%$#!: :%$#!:
It must be your local politicians, because we have a plant on the west edge of the town, one 16 miles east, one 14 miles west and one 42 miles south.  ;D ;D ;D :o ;D
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline CZMark

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2013, 10:49 AM »
If you do that here you get banned from the station. They consider it shoplifting, even though the person before you payed for it.

The person before you did NOT pay for it. When the next person starts the pump, he will be charged for the fuel required to fill the hose before he begins fueling.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.