Author Topic: Simcoe Access  (Read 708 times)

Offline brian318

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When hell freezes over Ill fish there too
Simcoe Access
« on: Jan 27, 2013, 09:32 PM »
Good evening fellas, Im thinking about coming up for a day to fish Simcoe since I already have my Canadian license (Lots of Algonquin time in summer). I walk all my stuff on (A pop up shelter, my stove etc) with a sled, been fishing the states for years. Im coming up from the Buffalo area (south, not in the Buffalo war zone) and would be very thankful if anyone could tell me places to go where I can walk on legally. As far as parking I dont care if I have to pay, im just looking to stay legit and follow the rules. Parks are fine, and actually preferred, though anywhere is good by me. Im just looking for Perch, so I dont expect to be walking out to the trout grounds. The South end of the lake or Barrie is preferred. Im not looking to steal anyones spots, just some friendly advice where to go when visiting. Thanks

Offline Ice Cream Headache

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Simcoe Access
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2013, 11:39 PM »
You can walk out to trout/whitey grounds if you want to.  That's what I do.

You can access the lake at Gilford for Perch fishing.  Park along the road.  Don't part near stop signs.   Peter put together a video showing you where to go and park -

You can also go to Innisfil Beach Park and pay $10 to park there.  You can perch fish here or walk out to the whitefish/trout grounds.  Not sure if the ice is OK or not yet.  I  THINK it's 4-5" and people started fishing out there recently, but double check on that.

There are some other perch grounds on the east side, but I am not familiar since I tend to stay on the North and West sides of the lake.   One of them is at Port Bolster.  I believe you can pay $10? to park at Casey's as well. 

There are plenty of others, but those are popular and easy to find and access.

Offline Ice Cream Headache

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2013, 09:07 AM »

Offline brian318

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2013, 09:35 AM »
Thanks a million! If you ever want to fish down here (Chautauqua) or feel the need to do some Steelhead/salmon fishing PM me and I will gladly take you to all the spots on the lower niagara or any of the Erie tributaries come spring or fall. I really appreciate the help!!!!

Offline Woodsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2013, 11:20 AM »
Good evening fellas, Im thinking about coming up for a day to fish Simcoe since I already have my Canadian license (Lots of Algonquin time in summer)
Just to clarify something. You already have a 2013 license and a valid Outdoors Card?
Although the license is good for a year (or 3 years if bought that way) it is not one year from date of purchase but 01 Jan -  31 Dec.
For perch Gilford (south of Barrie) has parking & easy access.

Living proof that "beer builds better bellies"

Offline brian318

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2013, 08:49 PM »
I get a new license in Jan because I go up in summer all the time, just figure hey why not use it the rest of the year too (though that 3 year deal isnt bad for us non residents either by the way)- Hey hope to be up in Feb. Thanks again, and go Leafs...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.