The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Yellow Creek  (Read 757 times)

Offline paarcher

• IceShanty Rookie
Yellow Creek
« on: Jan 27, 2013, 05:22 PM »
Hey guys I'm new to the game and i live right off of the lake. I was gonna head to the ice this week, if anyone wants to go send me a pm. id like to learn something, so far 2 days and no fish...

Offline bigvfb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Yellow Creek
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2013, 05:58 PM »
straight out from swimming area at weed edges with minnows or shiners you will catch pike .
in the bays pike and bass . out a little further you will get into the small perch
trick is to not put minnows down all the way to bottom

Offline paarcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2013, 06:02 PM »
i was straight out from swimming area today bout 8 to 10ft of water in the weeds and didn't catch anything. then went to l&m cove from 3 to dark and didnt see anyone catch anything. must have been a bad day

Offline Indiana_Lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2013, 08:50 PM »
Fished Yellow Creek today with "Tonstone", his friend, and his father. We probably jigged up twenty crappies and some bluegill. Had 8 keepers from the bunch. Beautiful day to be on the ice except for the snow. Didn't make the drag any easier.   Lou

Offline paarcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2013, 09:15 AM »
Must have been in the wrong spot. If the ice holds ill try for some crappie

Offline TheMattSign

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2013, 09:43 AM »
I usually go to Glendale lake and talking to other fisherman there, a lot of them mention doing well at Yellow Creek, my dad and I have been talking about maybe going up there one of these weekends.

Offline dhfish1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2013, 09:54 AM »
How much ice? Is the entire lake good. over that area in Muzzleloader season and a lot of open water. Thanks
Life is the greatest journey you'll ever take.

Offline Indiana_Lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2013, 10:06 AM »
dhfish1, The ice was 4-5" good solid ice. It was getting a little wet on top as we were fishing. Usually the very center down through the main part of the lake is the last to freeze and would be the thinnest. I did see people out from the beach and there were two groups out along the road bed that crosses from the N. Launch to the Brush Valley side. As with any ice, wear flotation and ice picks when walking out. Don't base your life on somebody else's report. Take it from a guy that went through on eleven inches of ice! Stay on top.    Lou

Offline dhfish1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2013, 05:26 PM »
Thanks for the info Lou.
Life is the greatest journey you'll ever take.

Offline tonstone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2013, 01:55 PM »

Nice crappie from last weekend migh of been the biggest one, but as Lou said we did get into them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.