Author Topic: one brave soul!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
one brave soul!!!!!!!!!!
« on: Jan 26, 2013, 05:12 PM »
fished starvation today and on the way out passing over the bridge there was a guy with his truck on the ice...... in Utah not really ever a good idea but when the water level is rising it is never a good idea just plain dumb in my opinion, you hit a stress fracture or soft edge your toast!!!

Offline Itinerant

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: one brave soul!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2013, 05:17 PM »
Did you see the spectre of Darwin stalking him?

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2013, 06:00 PM »
I saw a SUV on the ice last weekend at the gorge. He only drove out 30 yards onto the ice. Not sure why, 30 yards is not that far of a hike for most people. Pretty daring, i would not risk it!!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2013, 03:44 PM »
Thats just dumb, i know in other areas of the country the ice conditions allow this but not in this state. As for the gorge why risk losing your vehicle to fish 30 yds off shore  :cookoo: :cookoo:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2013, 09:14 PM »
get an ATV or a sled for Utah not your truck ya know.... especially yesterday and the day before with the rain and warmer weather.... if his truck goes in he would have been cheaper to get an ATV or sled anyways..... hopefully he gets smart so we don't have a truck end up in one of our waters or worse somebody be in the truck as it goes under and they die.... its just not safe here... but its there call not ours....

Offline Itinerant

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2013, 10:07 PM »
get an ATV or a sled for Utah not your truck ya know.... especially yesterday and the day before with the rain and warmer weather.... if his truck goes in he would have been cheaper to get an ATV or sled anyways..... hopefully he gets smart so we don't have a truck end up in one of our waters or worse somebody be in the truck as it goes under and they die.... its just not safe here... but its there call not ours....

You're right, it is their call. And it's foolish and deserves to be called out for what it is.

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2013, 10:11 PM »
Ever heard of walking? At $4000-$10000 an ATV or sled isn't cheap either or is that just the way you Utah boys roll? ;D ;D ;D

Offline Itinerant

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2013, 10:52 PM »
Ever heard of walking? At $4000-$10000 an ATV or sled isn't cheap either or is that just the way you Utah boys roll? ;D ;D ;D

None of it's cheap, least of all a life. Somebody sees some fool on the ice in a vehicle that doesn't belong there and next thing you know there's a funeral.

And although we roll strong and deep here behind the Zion curtain, most of us walk. I rarely see an atv or sled on the ice but I don't begrudge anyone who uses one when conditions allow it.

On a completely unrelated note, are you a Victor native? My dad grew up there.

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2013, 07:42 AM »
None of it's cheap, least of all a life. Somebody sees some fool on the ice in a vehicle that doesn't belong there and next thing you know there's a funeral.

And although we roll strong and deep here behind the Zion curtain, most of us walk. I rarely see an atv or sled on the ice but I don't begrudge anyone who uses one when conditions allow it.

On a completely unrelated note, are you a Victor native? My dad grew up there.
Nope not a native here but grew up in Alpine, Wy only 45 minutes from here. Been here in Victor for 13 years though. Odds have it his last name is most like likely still here. Thompson, Kunz, Parsons, Cooke?

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2013, 07:45 AM »
not to smart i guess they need a new truck

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2013, 03:17 PM »
[/quote]

i walk everywhere but just saying if that guy was so desperate to get out there get an ATV in the long run cheaper than putting a truck through the ice.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.