Author Topic: Sioux Falls Area  (Read 697 times)

Offline black hills tj

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sioux Falls Area
« on: Jan 24, 2013, 07:27 AM »
Anyone heading out near Sioux Falls sometime?  I haven't been out yet this season and really just don't know any other hardwater guys over here!

Offline kulven

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Sioux Falls Area
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2013, 04:50 PM »
Welcome to the area! What kind of fish r u looking for? Not sure when or where I will go next, but I hope it's soon. Let me know a little more about your fish preference and type of gear u have and I will try to get u in on some good fishing action.

Offline black hills tj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2013, 08:13 AM »
I fish for whatever bites.  The bigger, the better. Trout, perch, eyes, pike, etc.  I have a couple jigging rods and some tip ups.  An 8" hand auger, and a cheap little shelter to keep me out of the wind.

Offline nbaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2013, 11:47 AM »
I'd check into lake Madison if I was you.

Offline kulven

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2013, 08:08 PM »
Yea Madison may be the closest lake for big fish. Thompson Would be another choice. I tried swan this week with no success. That would be a lot closer, but if the fish r not there it is not a good time. Some other guys r thinking of trying it this weekend, u could join them. I'm sure they would like the company & help finding fish. I won't  be able to go this weekend. If u like pan fish I would recommend marindahl. Long drive but lots of action.
Good luck man.
Hope to c u on the ice sometime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.