Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: white oak lake??? anyone know about this lake......  (Read 586 times)

Offline thermal

• IceShanty Rookie
  • hunting hard water
Was wondering if and what kind of fish are in the lake
40 below and i don't give a got a heater in my tent and im off to the fishin holes

Offline Plan B

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: white oak lake??? anyone know about this lake......
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2013, 07:20 PM »
White Oak in Mahaska county?  More of a pond than a lake about 15 acres.I live about 15 min away.Used to fish it years ago nice gills and a few crappie, a good place to go and catch a few for supper. Then the word must have gotten out that it was a hot spot because tons of people (some from 3 hours away) started showing up and the bucket filling began. I quit going there and went down the road to Belvedere. Last time I fished there was 4 yrs ago and caught one 9 inch bluegill, so I don't have a recent report. You don't know until you go so it might be worth a try.

Offline thermal

• IceShanty Rookie
  • hunting hard water
Re: white oak lake??? anyone know about this lake......
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2013, 10:20 PM »
Thanks for reply a buddy and his dad went down there and invited me along needless to say i did not good stayed here and hit a private water they fished 7 hours and caught 11 gills and one catfish not real happy but hey it happens sometimes on good waters too..
40 below and i don't give a got a heater in my tent and im off to the fishin holes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.