Author Topic: waterproofing bibs???  (Read 279 times)

Offline BucksNDucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
waterproofing bibs???
« on: Jan 06, 2013, 07:29 PM »
I have a pair of mossy oak camo bibs. They used to be pretty water resistant, now they just soak up the water and get my jeans wet. Whats the best thing you put on the bibs to water proof them better? Thanks
See ya on the ice!!! Go Packers!!!

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: waterproofing bibs???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2013, 07:40 PM »
I was going to post the same question! I've been reading about waterproofing fabric this afternoon and most places said to use a silicone spray.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline brycro

• Team IceShanty Regular
I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do. – Izaak Walton

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2013, 08:56 PM »
If your bibs were waterproof when you got them, you could try to wash them with a low residue detergent.  Regular laundry detergent does not rinse away as well as the low residue detergents.  My rain gear began to leak and I got a detergent called "SportWash" from Walmart's outdoors section.  What frequently happens to rain gear is the breathable pores become blocked and the water can then come in these pores, which gets you wet.  Washing with this detergent will clean these pores and allow the fabric to work the way it is suppose to.  I would try this before I would spray a silicon on your bibs.  A bottle of this is around $8.
Nez

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2013, 12:58 AM »
you can use camp dry,scotch gaurd works to,the best way to do it is give them a good spray down then  wait a day and give them a second spray down,let them air out for a few days before wearing them so that the smell is gone and do it in a well ventilated area to because it will stink up the house,you can do the same thing with boots also

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.