The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Lake George wales  (Read 4844 times)

Offline Mudduck50

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake George wales
« on: Jan 04, 2013, 07:03 PM »
Heading out tomorrow no deep water have 6" 20m feet off shore anyone ever fished this place before heard lots of bass good luck tomorrow stay safe

Offline polski

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's never to cold too drink beer
Re: Lake George wales
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2013, 08:01 PM »
When I lived in Mass it's was my go to place caught several perch over 16in a lot of 2 to 4lb bass and one 38in pickerel One day we went through 5doz shiner We park at a Private beach on south east side of lake If I can find old pics ill post them I'm sure my friends will sent me pics this year

Offline tomcatoak

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Safety meeting
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2013, 08:48 PM »
take rt. 19 from Brimfields to wales, take left on union rd across the street from town hall cemetery. Go a mile or so till you see sichols blvd. on the right, there's a town beach at the botton of the hill. This will get u away from the crowd if there is one.  That lake kinda like a fish bowl, featureless you could say but its a great bass pond lots of fun.  fish on

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2013, 08:50 PM »
38 inch would be way bigger than the world record do you mean pike

Offline Mudduck50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2013, 07:01 AM »
Thanks guys I know where that beach is I live on the lake so not to far good luck to all flag up!!!

Offline clopes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2013, 08:06 AM »
Used to spend my summers in Wales when I was a kid. Caught lots of good size bass outta there as well as perch and darts. Should be busy with flags and/or the jig stick. Good luck.

Offline tomcatoak

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Safety meeting
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2013, 10:22 AM »
Thanks guys I know where that beach is I live on the lake so not to far good luck to all flag up!!!

let us know how your day went

Offline polski

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's never to cold too drink beer
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2013, 06:12 PM »
38 inch would be way bigger than the world record do you mean pike
ill ask my brother to find pic again it was back in the 80s It's one of the best pic of my grandfather on the ice Most likely a pike like you said as kids we didn't know

Offline dstearns82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2013, 07:03 PM »
i live right on lake george rd. and ive lived in wales for over 20 years, when i was in high school i used to walk from my house to the lake and fish it for days straight back then it was one of the best pickeral lakes ive ever fished ive had days with multiple fish anywhere from 24 - 30 inches as a kid i would always just toss em back.  Whats weird is the pond isnt quite the same there are an over abundance of white perch in there and i think they are doing a number on the reproduction of pickeral and bass i mean just this past fall we had a white perch kill literally hundreds of them floating and washing up on shore i researched it and its a natural occurence when an over abundance of a species is present.

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2013, 07:08 PM »
Used to go there all the time. Be wary of the locals. They don't like it when you park near their property. Used to catch a bunch of bass and pickerel over by Shore Dr. There is a "lake access" area you can park on over there. The old lady didnt seem to care if we parked there.

Offline scootybassfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2013, 06:16 AM »
I ice fished there years ago and I was under the impression it was a private lake. I am happy to hear about lake access and town beaches! I will fish there this year! This lake is awesome forbig pickerel ! Thanks for the info!
We are...."the ice jerks"!
Good times...good times!!!

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2013, 04:00 PM »
I ice fished there years ago and I was under the impression it was a private lake. I am happy to hear about lake access and town beaches! I will fish there this year! This lake is awesome forbig pickerel ! Thanks for the info!

I don't know if it is considered private or not. I have fished many times there in the summer out of a carried in canoe. I have also ice fished there many times and I only got hassled once about parking near someones parking spot. They even opened the boat launch (all dirt) a few years back and my buddys car got stuck trying to pull the boat out. It was quite a scene. Neighbors came and looked on, and the cops showed up but never got out of the car.

It's a nice, quiet little spot except when the dirt bike ice racers are out there.

Offline Mudduck50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2013, 07:09 PM »
caught a couple perch 1lb 11/2 lb one white one yellow 6 in ice 20 ft off shore 4 in 50 ft off shore fished near town beach there is a parking spot for acouple cars across street north end union rd good day cant wait to get to deeper water seems like nice lake nephew just had heart surgery 4 weeks ago didnt stop him luvs it enjoy season will post if i find afew parking spots around lake most of locals dont seem to fish it

Offline Mudduck50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 18, 2013, 07:40 PM »
Have been seeing alot of people going through not preaching but b careful very spotty ice right now especiall over deep water ice picks ,rope just in case also dig a hole every 20 feet cant hurt flag up!!!

Offline Mudduck50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 18, 2013, 08:03 PM »
site that talks about lake ice   lakeice.squarespace.co m/ice-formation

Offline Crazy-Joe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2013, 05:49 AM »
I grew up in Monson.Ma just down the street.Fished it since I was a kid.It is not a private lake,although some people that live there "think" it is.It has a boat ramp,public,but,like I said people are trying to tell you other wise.There are some nice Bass,big Pickerel,and an abundance of Perch.Fun place to fish.It is spring fed ,so, the ice can be thinner in places early in the ice season.You can park on Rt 19 and get on the lake that way.Limited parking though.Hope this helps.Good luck and be safe. 

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb&q=Lake+George+wales+Ma&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x89e6966df7d775bb:0xd1124a40893acec1,Lake+George&gl=us&sa=X&ei=YNn7UL_3BoO09QTx54DoBg&ved=0CIkBELYD
If it was that easy,everyone would do it!

Offline dstearns82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2013, 08:20 AM »
@ ice bird.........your right it is not a private lake ive lived in wales over 20 years and have grown up fishing it access can be had off rte19 and off town beach on union road however you are wrong about one thing and thats the boat ramp located on sichols rd. that ramp is for town residents only based off the sign at the beginning of street which states ramp for town residents only, also there is no boat trailer parking so unless ya live in town your definately arent trailering a boat there just thought id throw it out there so someone doesnt travel there thinking they can launch a boat to be told they cant thats all

Offline Crazy-Joe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 21, 2013, 03:16 AM »
I have launched there a handful of times.I though it was public.Thanks for the info!

Offline dstearns82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 21, 2013, 08:01 AM »
no biggie man honestly i have no problem with anyone launching there but the town cops can.........its that way because its not a state ramp its a town ramp that is there and maintained through town taxes........as long as your boat is a carry in u can put it in at town beach on union rd just park across street in lot

Offline tomcatoak

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Safety meeting
« Reply #19 on: Jan 21, 2013, 06:09 PM »
@ ice bird.........your right it is not a private lake ive lived in wales over 20 years and have grown up fishing it access can be had off rte19 and off town beach on union road however you are wrong about one thing and thats the boat ramp located on sichols rd. that ramp is for town residents only based off the sign at the beginning of street which states ramp for town residents only, also there is no boat trailer parking so unless ya live in town your definately arent trailering a boat there just thought id throw it out there so someone doesnt travel there thinking they can launch a boat to be told they cant thats all

20 yrs, i probably know ya, is this funky the town drunk

Offline dstearns82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 21, 2013, 11:12 PM »
no not funky or even a haley for that matter im 30 years old and moved here when i was 8 with my mother years ago last name is stearns......lol i know funky and that whole crew well anyone whos a wales native knows em anyway

Offline Crazy-Joe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 22, 2013, 04:26 AM »
 Tears ago,I used to hang around with Karl Eckebarger.Ring any bells.

Offline dstearns82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 22, 2013, 06:34 AM »
yes sir i know carl pretty well

Offline dstearns82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 22, 2013, 06:35 AM »
this is pretty cool lots of people that know the long time wales folk on here ............thats it we should have a derby on lake george!!!

Offline tomcatoak

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Safety meeting
« Reply #24 on: Jan 22, 2013, 10:08 AM »
u know gibson, frenchy, dombek or percyboy

Offline clopes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 23, 2013, 07:19 PM »
Wow. Small world. I know all of the above. Most family.

Offline dstearns82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Jan 23, 2013, 08:49 PM »
ya i know josh gibson, dan percy, and brian french, mark dombeck too went to school with those guys i was a class below them

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.