The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: ice?  (Read 969 times)

Offline cutlass

• IceShanty Rookie
ice?
« on: Dec 31, 2012, 02:20 PM »
 Ok im looking for  ice for tomorrow. I live on the mid coast and the ice is not that safe around here. so what im asking is how far north of orland area do I have to go to find safe ice.
A day on the pond is a day not wasted

Offline HardwaterFish

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ice?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2012, 02:38 PM »
well it is understandable . You wouldnt give up your hunting stop . Im just asking where that really thin line is to start planning to fish.

Finally someone understands. You can go north or west, both have ice. Craigs isn't ready to fish yet? (you said orland).

good luck i asked anyone if there was safe ice and some people on here are really rude!

You were the one being rude by calling us ignorant, oh, you deleted that post after 5 minutes.

You asked if there was safe ice between the midcoast and oxford county. I will answer it again, yes, grab your chisel and find it.

Offline cutlass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2012, 02:43 PM »
Thanks Hard water i know that CRAIGS and ALAMOOSIC is a no go. going to head up alittle farther and see what happens. like rout nine area

Offline allagashking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2012, 05:37 PM »
Chesunkook had 6 inches before this last snow,i heard not positive bit Chamberlain hac only 4 inches and 24 "snow,sounds like slush.once i get up there be glad to tell u conditions.
arnie may your bait allways be under the ice.

Offline Mainefish9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2012, 05:39 PM »
Ok im looking for  ice for tomorrow. I live on the mid coast and the ice is not that safe around here. so what im asking is how far north of orland area do I have to go to find safe ice.

Not going to name ponds, but most warmwater ponds around bangor have 6-8"
Some people say that if you've caught one fish you've caught them all. I say that if you've caught one fish, you want to catch them all!

Offline cutlass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2012, 05:59 PM »
Mainefish9 thanks for the info. instead of fishing we are checking ice tomorrow. (not a big fan of the change of plans). but will be headed out friday. :'(

Offline Mainefish9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2012, 06:52 PM »
Mainefish9 thanks for the info. instead of fishing we are checking ice tomorrow. (not a big fan of the change of plans). but will be headed out friday. :'(

Pm me if you want and I can tell you conditions on a few ponds
Some people say that if you've caught one fish you've caught them all. I say that if you've caught one fish, you want to catch them all!

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2012, 07:26 PM »
Think Small, avoid the Big lakes and don't forget a ROPE and a Spud bar!!!

Offline cutlass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2012, 07:31 PM »
I'm thinking smart I have my 300 pound friend going with me tomorrow and I'm staying 20 feet behind him . lol ;D

Offline iceking87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 31, 2012, 08:35 PM »
yea a few spots up here near old town are safe, just a bit sketchy with the snow and slush on top
Tips up

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.