The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: willing to travel later this season  (Read 849 times)

Offline jiggin junkie 12

• IceShanty Rookie
willing to travel later this season
« on: Dec 09, 2012, 09:31 PM »
I live in central Ohio, and thinking of venturing to Wisconsin after Christmas. I Am posting to see what the target fish are, how far i need to travel for a good fishing trip. Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: willing to travel later this season
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2012, 10:55 PM »
Perch, crappie, sunfish, walleye, pike, bass, trout (on the great lakes.).  You can catch them from the bottom of the state to the top.  Coming from Ohio Petenwell and Castle Rock is in the lower middle portion of the state right off the interstate, or you could hug the coast and try Winnebago and the Green Bay area.  Too many lakes to list way up north,  or stay on I-90 and fish the Mississippi.
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline jchunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2012, 12:29 AM »
I live in central Ohio, and thinking of venturing to Wisconsin after Christmas. I Am posting to see what the target fish are, how far i need to travel for a good fishing trip. Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks.
I think we could help you find places to go easier if you could give us some more information on what kind of trip you are looking for. What kind of fish do you want to target? Do you want it to be in a wilderness area or a more populated area? Do you want to fish action waters or try for trophy fish ? Are you looking to go with a guide or without one?

Offline jiggin junkie 12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2012, 04:14 PM »
I think we could help you find places to go easier if you could give us some more information on what kind of trip you are looking for. What kind of fish do you want to target? Do you want it to be in a wilderness area or a more populated area? Do you want to fish action waters or try for trophy fish ? Are you looking to go with a guide or without one?

I would like to taget some nice pearch, and or walleye. this will be a self guided trip, and i will be alone. so i am thinking a more populated area would work best due to not having a partner to go out with.

Thanks

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2012, 04:23 PM »
lake winnebago sounds like it would fit the bill nicely. lots of places to stay in oshkosh, wi. ice was a lil sketch last year on the west side of the lake so you would need to keep and eye on the conditions.

Offline CrappieGuy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 715-379-2376
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2012, 09:50 AM »
Jiggin,

If you want to venture up to the Eau Claire area and our schedules work out, I would be willing to fish with you for a day or two and help you out.

Offline spam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2012, 11:54 AM »
lake winnebago sounds like it would fit the bill nicely. lots of places to stay in oshkosh, wi. ice was a lil sketch last year on the west side of the lake so you would need to keep and eye on the conditions.

X2 I live 5 minutes from bago, It's getting to be one of the best if not the best perch and walleye system in the state!!!
Looks like chuck is taking old one eye to the optometrist!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.