New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: EYES  (Read 2068 times)

Offline FellThru82

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: EYES
« Reply #30 on: Dec 06, 2012, 08:24 PM »
im with you!!  batting practice on the ice!!  nice one lol..  walleye is probably the best tasting fish  out there..  perch are good too..  never really tried crappie..  hopefully this year. :icefish:
TEAMHACKSHACK

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Www.teambrotherdads.com
« Reply #31 on: Dec 06, 2012, 08:26 PM »
im with you!!  batting practice on the ice!!  nice one lol..  walleye is probably the best tasting fish  out there..  perch are good too..  never really tried crappie..  hopefully this year. :icefish:
U know what they say once u go crappie, u never go back!!!lol:)

Offline FellThru82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 06, 2012, 08:29 PM »
well hopefully this year I can load the freezer up over the course of the season!!
TEAMHACKSHACK

Offline RNsurfnturf

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 06, 2012, 10:07 PM »
crappie are no good...how do you think they got their name? ;D ;D ;D ;DJK
Sometimes you have to fish when you can,
not when you want, but guess what?

You're still fishing!!!

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #34 on: Dec 07, 2012, 07:17 AM »
i'm deff no expert when it comes to walleye but so far i'v had the best luck in 6fow at dark

Offline laxcarp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 07, 2012, 08:05 AM »
Don't be afraid of shallow, weedy bays during the day...especially if there is some color to the water

Offline FellThru82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 07, 2012, 09:25 AM »
i usually fish a spot called kettle hill on delta there a nice drop off there.  on oneida i go out behind the beach about 400 yrds out and catch them . i guess it all depends on the setups .. and timing.  last year i had a tough time catching eyes on delta..
TEAMHACKSHACK

onice2013

« Reply #37 on: Dec 07, 2012, 07:08 PM »
I'm going to try more along the shoreline instead out in the deep this season, I know they come in right next to shore at night, even during daytime early am/dusk I catch them very close casting raps from boat towards the shore. But the place is a hydro electric co. reservoir and weedbeds are far between and not easy to find, plenty of drops and structure that hold fish but not as good through the ice. I rig my tipups as suggested and tried different depths for hundreds of hours. I hope this season is better ice, last season , i wouldn't dare many deeper spots due to shorter season and thinner ice.

Offline FellThru82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 08, 2012, 01:46 PM »
I just want ice so I can fish!!  please let there be ice soon
TEAMHACKSHACK

Offline stripermancl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 08, 2012, 05:14 PM »
i find my eyes at night in about 3 to 15 feet of water in the day 12 to 22 feet of water

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #40 on: Dec 08, 2012, 05:56 PM »

we fish them in the daylight hours in 20-40' only allowed 3 fish a day 

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Dec 08, 2012, 09:06 PM »
                  when jigging walleyes what is the best line to use mono ,fluorocarbon something else?
images.jpeg

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
« Reply #42 on: Dec 08, 2012, 09:18 PM »
Yep, they fly up here. Next week In-Fisherman's filming Critical Concepts for unpredictable airborne walleye. I think they are using some kind of "common sense" rig to catch them...

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
« Reply #43 on: Dec 08, 2012, 09:20 PM »
Yep, they fly up here. Next week In-Fisherman's filming Critical Concepts for unpredictable airborne walleye. I think they are using some kind of "common sense" rig to catch them...

If that's the case I'm gunna start bow fishing them like Asian carp. I'd prob have better luck lmao

Offline jchunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Dec 08, 2012, 09:47 PM »
                  when jigging walleyes what is the best line to use mono ,fluorocarbon something else?
I like using fluorocarbon because it has less stretch, it's more abrasion resistant, and it's also a little harder for them to see, compared to mono line. If your line freezing isn't a problem like fishing in a heated shack then power pro line with a fluorocarbon leader attached with a small barrel swivel works.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.