Author Topic: Lake Levels.  (Read 815 times)

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
Lake Levels.
« on: Dec 01, 2012, 07:36 AM »
Watched the news this morning out of South Bend.  November, 2012, was the driest November on record.  It actually ended up being the fourth driest month of all time. 

Offline william bennett

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " FLAGS UP>>GET IT"
Re: Lake Levels.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2012, 07:43 AM »
same here i seen that too.   and i believe it, we need some form of rain
William Bennett

Everybody needs some form of release.......... I fish
(Grumpy Old Men)

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2012, 07:58 AM »
My dad lives on little long in kville and the lake is down about 15-18" there.
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2012, 08:03 AM »
It has to be about 2' here at my place.  In 40 years I have never seen the sand bar exposed at Stafford.......it is right now.  On McPherson, the water is back a good 10' from the shoreline.  We need some precipitation around here.

Offline Limit_Out

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go BEARS
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2012, 08:11 AM »
We've got some coming next week I think

Offline blueultra2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2012, 09:12 AM »
It's amazing how much the water can drop in one summer. It was all done in a few months but will probably take years to get back.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2012, 09:40 AM »
It's amazing how much the water can drop in one summer. It was all done in a few months but will probably take years to get back.

Actually the summer before last was pretty dry as well, and Lord knows we didnt get much snowfall last year.  We need moisture and lots of it.

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2012, 12:31 PM »
wawasee is down about 18 inches ..heard the boats in main channel marina couldnt get out to wawasee after september and the other end has only 1 passable opening under the tressle!
i "kinda" forgot and when i jumped on plane in the boat i burried it in!!! ooops! thats my christmas present to me is have croxton re do it again.....also burried it during the top 8 in june :whistle:
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2012, 01:30 PM »
If we get a bunch of rain now it better be a cold rain.  Last thing we need is several inches of 50+ degree rain.  That would add another week of cold weather needed just to get the temps back down so they can freeze.  I would rather get 3 feet of snow now before the lakes freeze.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2012, 02:23 PM »
If we get a bunch of rain now it better be a cold rain.  Last thing we need is several inches of 50+ degree rain.  That would add another week of cold weather needed just to get the temps back down so they can freeze.  I would rather get 3 feet of snow now before the lakes freeze.

I am with ya on that Waxie.

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2012, 02:26 PM »
I'll trade with any of you.  Lake Edgewood is still down about 4.5' after dam/spillway repairs last winter.  They dropped it about 15'. 

Oh well, there is still plenty to fish if (when!) it freezes!!

-Jeff

Offline popnfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 01, 2012, 02:41 PM »
all lakes are down. I normally fish about 20 ft this time of year but the fish are 18ft this year.
same spots just less water. water temp was 41.3 today

Offline dawgfish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Can't catch em' on the couch
« Reply #12 on: Dec 01, 2012, 05:29 PM »
Haven't been on any lakes for awhile but Webster a couple weeks ago and seemed low but not that bad...odd.  Moved this past July to a river just south of Sturgis, MI with a few spillways and dams on my property and it actually seems up quite a bit from where it was around beginning of August.  Pretty easy to tell by how much water is coming over the dams..  (Fish haven't stopped biting all year long though!)  Just waiting for the local lakes to ice up to put some fish in my belly!  (But honestly...CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING!!! Rumor has it this place heats up like no other!)
Tight lines and loose morals!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.