The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: New gear for the coming year...  (Read 2940 times)

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over i will ice fish there to...
New gear for the coming year...
« on: Nov 02, 2012, 06:00 PM »
 So what new gear did everyone get or is planning on getting for the up coming year???
FISH ON

Offline diabetik11

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: New gear for the coming year...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2012, 06:10 PM »
just got myself a fl22 ultra pack for $500 today they had them on clearance.

Offline carbidemanfishing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2012, 06:15 PM »
I am looking to get my first shanty. I have been just fine wo a shanty but i have a son now and i want him along so getting a shanty might help him stay out on the ice a bit longer. Bass Pro is near but they are expencive.

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2012, 06:16 PM »
I got 5 Beaver Dams for $72 on ebay. Now I want to use them.

Offline DLB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2012, 06:22 PM »
2 items that aren't "new" except they will be new as far as my gear goes......I bought a used Fish Trap Scout to replace the Clam Yukon that I don't need anymore since my two sons are grown and gone.  Its a little short on room compared to the Yukon but its smaller and lighter and easier for one person to handle and I took the tip from my Dads 80 year old fly rod broken a few years ago (my brother held on to it for some reason), stripped the guides off it and put new ones back on along with a new handle.  Its not much to look at but its something I can use from my Dads past.  If anyones looking for one, the Yukon is for sale.
You can observe alot by watching.
Yogi Berra

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2012, 06:23 PM »
I am looking to get my first shanty. I have been just fine wo a shanty but i have a son now and i want him along so getting a shanty might help him stay out on the ice a bit longer. Bass Pro is near but they are expencive.
I got a quick fish 3 last year and it fits my two boys and myself in it comfortable and it was pretty cheep and i think i seen them even cheaper on ebay..
FISH ON

Offline bpiatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 2012, 06:36 PM »
I picked up a showdown Ice Troller for cheap on ebay that im looking forward to playing with. Also picked up some of the new fly reels with the 3:1 ratio that im dying to try out. Ice cant come soon enough.

Offline strike1st

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2012, 07:26 PM »
Shappell Widehouse 6500, another St. croix UL set up and some more Jammin jigs!
"All men have fears, but the brave put down their fears and go forward, sometimes to death, but always to victory" motto of the King's Guard in ancient Greece.

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2012, 07:52 PM »
Not new,but its new to me: A polaris 325 mag. quad.Been wantin one for years & found one in great condition,& cheap.Hopefully were gonna have enough ice to try it out on Gull this year .
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline Ice Sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I would have waited.......
« Reply #9 on: Nov 02, 2012, 08:08 PM »
Picked up a Jason Mitchell Pro Thermal Clam.  Lit it up with LEDS, with double size flasher battery (for longer life) still working on switches and other little things inside.  Still need to work on rod storage, holders...ya know all the goods.  Wife is getting a little upset, always gone in the woods, and when I am home.....yup workin on the shanty!!!  THE BEST TIME OF THE YEAR!!!!!

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 02, 2012, 08:13 PM »
Picked up a Jason Mitchell Pro Thermal Clam.  Lit it up with LEDS, with double size flasher battery (for longer life) still working on switches and other little things inside.  Still need to work on rod storage, holders...ya know all the goods.  Wife is getting a little upset, always gone in the woods, and when I am home.....yup workin on the shanty!!!  THE BEST TIME OF THE YEAR!!!!!
I am doing the same to my shanty, I got a rope led kit off line with a couple extra ropes so i am hoping it lights it up good...
FISH ON

Offline Ice Sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 02, 2012, 09:21 PM »
I am doing the same to my shanty, I got a rope led kit off line with a couple extra ropes so i am hoping it lights it up good...
I used car/fog leds that are on swivels and actually drilled holes in my poles, used gromets, and ran my wires through the poles...nice and clean look, no wires to catch rods/jigs, or anything else on!  I can't wait to use it.  Wife thinks I am crazy!!!

Offline racechasin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 03, 2012, 06:09 AM »
just got a flasher , it is a marcum vx/1 pro it is new and got it for $50. I see they are $320 new at bass pro I have never used a flasher so could use some advice on one Also got me a sno machine for $300 that was owed me 1993 polarise xlt in great shape , plus wife geting me a new power auger for xmass no more drilling by hand.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Nov 03, 2012, 12:21 PM »
Grats man the auger and flasher are gona make a big difference for you.

Offline BudMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 03, 2012, 01:41 PM »
Wife came home with a big box all wrapped up with a bow on it for no reason at all. She got me a 8" nils.

Offline bigyam627

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 03, 2012, 02:14 PM »
Wife came home with a big box all wrapped up with a bow on it for no reason at all. She got me a 8" nils.
Does your wife have a sister??? I need to find a women like that!!! ;D ;D ;D
"Fishing is unquestionably a form of madness, but happily, for the once bitten, there is no cure."

Offline racechasin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 03, 2012, 03:51 PM »
once i learn how to use the flasher, i looked on youtube and kind of have a idea how it all works not  much on the vx1pro

Offline pikestalker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Nov 03, 2012, 04:54 PM »
New Gear?  How about ICE!
Tom

Offline fishybill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • insidious
« Reply #18 on: Nov 03, 2012, 05:22 PM »
picked up all the stuff I needed today

line, couple jigging raps, small treble hooks, and a few teardops that were on sale.
"Put duct tape on that, if it don't fix it atleast we'll know its ...... up"

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Www.teambrotherdads.com
« Reply #19 on: Nov 03, 2012, 05:26 PM »
So far got a brickers custom rod a Thorne custom rod a shimano seinna for the Thorne rod a Kawasaki 300 4x4 and a Eskimo 51cc shark auger,and a ton of new jigs and a ice armor storm jacket. Now I want new boots....$$$

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 04, 2012, 06:07 PM »
Pick up a custom 48" inch UL action and found one of those eagle claw straight line reels to put on it. Also picked up a pro max low profile casting reel for 25 dollars on clearance.  Be perfect for jigging trout and pike.

Offline icefishingashton

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Nov 04, 2012, 08:42 PM »
I GOT MY NEW SHANTY/SNOWMOBILE ALL READY FOR THE ICE ON THE SAGINAW BAY INFRONT OF THE HOUSE THIS YEAR!!..JUST INSTALLED NEW ROD HOLDERS ON THE CIELING ALONG WITH A HEATER FOR THOSE 9 MILE HIKES OUT!!...... GOOD LUCK OUT THERE FOLKS!!/..... ;D

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Nov 04, 2012, 08:58 PM »
Sweeeet!!! :o :o
FISH ON

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Nov 05, 2012, 06:38 AM »
Good boots are probably the most important gear you need out on the ice. I waited till after xmas to buy mine 20 years ago for half price and am still wearing them today. I never had luck with the jigging rapalas but i know a lot of people do.

Offline Ice Sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Nov 05, 2012, 07:15 PM »
Very nice looking set up icefishingashton!!!!  That will be fun to play in!

Offline fishybill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • insidious
« Reply #25 on: Nov 05, 2012, 07:17 PM »
Good boots are probably the most important gear you need out on the ice. I waited till after xmas to buy mine 20 years ago for half price and am still wearing them today. I never had luck with the jigging rapalas but i know a lot of people do.

Mickey Mouse boots?

I agree, once your feet get cold, you're done.
"Put duct tape on that, if it don't fix it atleast we'll know its ...... up"

FRESHBAIT

« Reply #26 on: Nov 05, 2012, 07:53 PM »
I'm looking at getting a new portable shanty, probably a Eskimo fatfish.   And probably a new jet sled to drag all my gear out onto the ice. 

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Nov 05, 2012, 08:08 PM »
Mine are named Kamik i think they are Canadian made. My friend wears the Mickeys and he has not complained either.
Mickey Mouse boots?

I agree, once your feet get cold, you're done.

Offline GillMaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Kills the Gills
« Reply #28 on: Nov 08, 2012, 07:32 PM »
Got some new Fiscious jigs on the way, some new Swedish Pimples for my birthday not too long ago, and have to get some new tip-ups rigged and ready to go. Going to set up some for perch and pike, never tip-uped for perch but I'm thinking it could really help out with my perch-catching abilities. lol.

Offline fisherjam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Nov 14, 2012, 07:27 PM »
I just picked up a lighter sled to haul the gear out when the ice is to thin to pull out the big sled and a gopro.
I am ready for ice! Hopefully we get some good footage of fishing this year!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.