Author Topic: Wife Carrying Contest  (Read 812 times)

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
Wife Carrying Contest
« on: Oct 08, 2012, 07:37 AM »
I thought it was hilarious and wondered if we had anyone who completed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk44NWM9aj0&feature=youtube_gdata&utm_source=twitterfeed
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline spam

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Wife Carrying Contest
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2012, 08:12 AM »
I am sure there are alot of us that couldn't throw the old lady on are back like that! haha
Looks like chuck is taking old one eye to the optometrist!

Offline Artjr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2012, 10:15 AM »
I try not to let my old lady get her hands on me! She is one tuff old bitty! ;D
Take your kids hunting and fishing and you won't have to hunt for your kids.

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Some call me the Pannie Dropper
« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2012, 10:48 AM »
We have one here locally that started two years ago. Wouldn't you know I have been out of town that day the past two years.  Me at 6'6" 270# and wife at 5'1" 105# should be a good combo hopefully. We are going to try to enter it this year, the prize is your wife's weight in beer.
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."
-John Buchan

Offline Artjr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 08, 2012, 10:53 AM »
well Voltaire if my wife carried me and then they paid her weight in beer they better a beer factory set up cause we got a life time supply! Woo Hoo :bow: Heck she could carry me and you one under each arm. ;D

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Some call me the Pannie Dropper
« Reply #5 on: Oct 08, 2012, 11:02 AM »
well Voltaire if my wife carried me and then they paid her weight in beer they better a beer factory set up cause we got a life time supply! Woo Hoo :bow: Heck she could carry me and you one under each arm. ;D

Haha that is great!
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."
-John Buchan

Offline Piatu

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • http://myworld.ebay.com/piatu/?_trksid=p4340.l2559
« Reply #6 on: Oct 08, 2012, 11:57 AM »
Today in newspapers was results yours contest from there, but every year is worl championship- contest at here. ;)

http://www.eukonkanto.fi/en/

Offline Artjr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 08, 2012, 12:48 PM »
I made the mistake of showing that video to my wife. She mumbled something about European girliemen threw me over her shoulder ran outside grabbed up our prize bull calf under her other arm ran about 4 miles to the local watering hole chugged down a few brews then whipped the 3-11 steel workers shirft that was getting ready to go to work. (Not good the forman will be calling again I am sure!) and ran back home with me and the calf under her arms and one poor little 250lb steel worker still stuck in her boot where she had been stomping him. Remind me not to let her see that video again it just gets her all worked up. She is outside now changing the rear tires on the John Deere 4020 with no Jack holding it up one handed. I feel sorry for them poor little Finish fellers if she ever gets ahold of them. Heck she will put the Finsih in Finish all right! Oh No and tonight is wrestline night too! I just hope she don't pile drive me again! :woot:

Offline Artjr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 08, 2012, 02:59 PM »
Well good news and bad news:

Good news: The doctor says the steel worker should make it, just won't eat solid food again and the 4020 never looked better.

Bad news: Forman called again, had to have daylight shift pull a double 3-11 shift might be off work for a month with broken bones and stitches. You think they would learn but I guess when your short term memory keeps getting erased that can happen. Oh and the bull calf has gone off his feed and tonight is a battle royal!! I am doomed!! :%$#!:

Offline Artjr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 08, 2012, 06:23 PM »
I am confused Finland is suppose to be a cold country did you see how small those women where? How are they going to keep you warm when its -20 degrees out side? Heck they could not even carry enough wood in to keep the wood burner going all night let alone split and stack enough wood for winter?  ??? ??? I guess my sweet pea has me spoiled. ::) ::) Plus any self respecting mountain man would never carry a women when he could have her carry him!!!

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Oct 08, 2012, 07:21 PM »
I'm out, I'm too gassy and the wife would never stand to have her nose in that area for too long.  :-\

Here is an Astronomy lesson - The world revolves around the sun, not you!

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 08, 2012, 08:56 PM »
Makes me glad im still single  ;)
Hard Ice

Offline Artjr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Oct 08, 2012, 09:00 PM »
Hard Ice I got a sister in law with your name written all over her knuckles. Nothing makes me sicker than a single man. I just think that could be me!! LOL >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.