Author Topic: mickey mouse boots??  (Read 5248 times)

Offline jvanness

• IceShanty Rookie
mickey mouse boots??
« on: Sep 25, 2012, 12:58 PM »
Anyone know where I can find a pair of Mickey mouse Bata extreme cold weather boots (military issued) My dad has a pair from being in the NAVY and he swears by them, but the sole and inside are about shot.  Was lookin to possibly get him a pair for christmas. 

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
Re: mickey mouse boots??
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2012, 01:05 PM »
ebay, thay are all over there.

Offline jvanness

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2012, 01:11 PM »
i'm on there now surfing around.  What is the pay pal thing.  Is it a certain account i have to create like a "pool" or can i just use a credit card

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2012, 01:41 PM »
Have you tried a  Army/Navy Surplus store nearby? I bought mine at a surplus store in my town.

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2012, 01:42 PM »
https://www.paypal.com/home   

Have you tried a  Army/Navy Surplus store nearby? I bought mine at a surplus store in my town.

What he said.... ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline mattstark44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2012, 02:51 PM »
Sportsman Guide has them cheap too

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2012, 09:42 PM »
i'm on there now surfing around.  What is the pay pal thing.  Is it a certain account i have to create like a "pool" or can i just use a credit card
Ya pay pale is an account but you usually can use a credit card as well.

Offline GOTICE?

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2012, 06:01 AM »
Whats a good price for micky mouse boots? I saw a pair at a army surplus store and they wanted $95.

Offline Fatfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Sep 26, 2012, 07:00 AM »
The best boot you will ever want for ice fishing,If you freeze to death your feet will still be warm.  Jerry

Offline mattstark44

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #10 on: Sep 26, 2012, 02:39 PM »
Sportsmans guide has the black ones for 54 bucks in their catalog. Got it yesterday in the mail.  Steve

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Sep 26, 2012, 02:45 PM »
Whats a diff between the white and the black pair?  Price is twice as much.

Offline FLYING TIGER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Sep 26, 2012, 03:16 PM »
you dont want to see your boot in the snow  ??? born on dates differnt   ;D flying tiger out  :tipup:
love paying taxes to the state thanks for asking

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #13 on: Sep 26, 2012, 03:19 PM »
the used French Boots are lighter weight and have much more mileage on them as they are always running.....ba da dum ;D ;D

Offline DFresh75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Sep 26, 2012, 08:02 PM »
Black are rated to -20 White are more expensive because they are rated to -30 though I've heard even colder than that.  Either way great boots that keep you warm.  If you dunk your feet in, pour the water out and the vapor barrier and wool will get you warm in an emergency

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
« Reply #15 on: Sep 27, 2012, 10:48 PM »
Best boots I've ever owned.  Bought mine for $35 on E-Bay almost 10 years ago.  Just put hex head screws in the bottom....no longer need to wear creepers.  Your feet will NEVER be cold again!!!

Offline AlgonaIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
Harvesting Walleyes on the East Fork of the Des Moines River

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #17 on: Sep 28, 2012, 06:22 AM »
The best boot you will ever want for ice fishing,If you freeze to death your feet will still be warm.  Jerry
I think you said this wrong! You can't freeze to death in mickey mouse boots because your feet get cold and you go back home to warm up. No chance of staying out too long to freeze other parts of the body.
I will never understand, men pay over 500 dollars for a piece of electronics, then buy expensive lures, poles, reels. then buy a cheap boot that Grandpa wore. It was the best in his day, but not ours! Now we have better boots and electronics. My point is, DON'T CHEAP YOUR FEET!
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #18 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:08 AM »
I will most definitely put my white mickey mouse boots dated 1968 up against ANY boot out there. My feet have never got cold in them. We get well below zero for january and febuary for weeks on end. I have seen about every boot around on the ice and those who stay out the longest always have mickeys on thier feet.  Come on you fellas in Alaska and Canada, Chime in. I know what you guys wear along with your carharts,   Steve

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #19 on: Sep 28, 2012, 09:13 AM »
the only problem with mickeys i have is they have crappy tread i slip and slide snowblowing the driveway and a nightmare on glare ice with  no ice cleats..feet never get cold though and truly waterproof on those slushy days.

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #20 on: Sep 28, 2012, 11:17 AM »
I don't believe anyone that would have or own a computer, unless it is a Commdore 64 on dial up, would still swear by an old boot design. I do think that my Commodore64 was way better than my Ipad 3.  Load$,run
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #21 on: Sep 28, 2012, 11:26 AM »
I don't know anyting about computers I pads or whatever, But I do know my mickey mouse boots keep my feet warm on the coldest days. ;D They are a bugger to walk on ice with as stated. But cleats or metal screws take care of that. Just because things are new,  don't make them better.    Steve

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Sep 28, 2012, 12:02 PM »
I don't know anyting about computers I pads or whatever, But I do know my mickey mouse boots keep my feet warm on the coldest days. ;D They are a bugger to walk on ice with as stated. But cleats or metal screws take care of that. Just because things are new,  don't make them better.    Steve

+1

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Sep 28, 2012, 12:09 PM »
Whats a good price for micky mouse boots? I saw a pair at a army surplus store and they wanted $95.

I think I paid $80 for a pair 3 years ago and I believe its money well spent. I try to buy stuff that I can try on just because sizes can vary so much. IMO...

Offline RIVERRAT2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • try to fish over 200 days a year,have cut back now
« Reply #24 on: Sep 28, 2012, 01:19 PM »
I AM WITH YOU,[if it works donot fix it] warm is the KEY,
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
I LOVE FISHING.IT IS A FULLTIME JOB

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
« Reply #25 on: Sep 28, 2012, 01:30 PM »
the only problem with mickeys i have is they have crappy tread i slip and slide snowblowing the driveway and a nightmare on glare ice with  no ice cleats..feet never get cold though and truly waterproof on those slushy days.

Come on Doc.....  A box of Hex screws and a few minutes of your time will solve that problem FOREVER !!!

Offline mschma000

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Sep 28, 2012, 05:33 PM »
I love my truck as much as the next guy, do you wear your boots that are screwed inside your truck or do you slip on your boots when you get to your lake?

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #27 on: Sep 29, 2012, 08:01 AM »
I don't have the heart to put screws in my mickeys. Afraid sole is too thin. I use a set of  slip on cleats. I would imagine they slip them on at lake. I carry all my clothes in back of truck (extended cab) and put them on when I get to lake. Don't get sweaty that way.   Steve

Offline dumbluck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Sep 29, 2012, 08:17 PM »

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #29 on: Sep 29, 2012, 08:42 PM »
How do the sizes run?  I'm wondering if I should get my regular size or a size bigger since I wear wool socks.  Also does anyone know where I can get a new set in 14 wide or extra wide?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.