Author Topic: Lake Francis Case  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
Lake Francis Case
« on: Sep 19, 2012, 02:38 PM »
 This lake is well within my driving distance. Anyone on the site fish it much, or at all? Would love to have someone familiar with it to show me around this winter.

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lake Francis Case
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2012, 08:04 PM »
Bueller, Bueller, Bueller.........

Offline Spark

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:00 AM »
Hey their Tom, I grew up not far from there but have never ice fished it before.  Have not been on that lake for 20 years or so now so I'm not gonna be much help.  If your in the Oneill area there is better fishin closer to home.  I know it's fun fishing new lakes so best of luck.  Wait for Bojihawk to reply, I think he has been on there a few times since he is not to far away he'll shoot ya in the right direction.

Offline Todd_NE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 01, 2012, 03:31 PM »
I've never ice fished, people do though. I fish it a ton some years in open water - March - Nov/Dec but in the winter I go to NE South Dakota if I'm going to drive to a SD lake.

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2012, 06:40 PM »
 Thanks guys. I know there are closer places in Nebraska, and better places in SD. But it is less than an hour drive for me and I'd like to go there once in a while for a change of pace. I do intend to go further into SD on occasion. Maybe we can head that way together sometime Todd.

Offline Todd_NE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2012, 09:55 AM »
Tom, around you guys will fish the tailrace from a boat all year long.

The other thing is I've heard so many stories of guys drilling through the ice on Case and staring at water 1' below the bottom of the ice that I decided a long time ago that for that particular 3 hour drive I'd take a boat  ;D

Sure, no problem on fishing sometime.

If I was you, unless you are walleye only, I'd plan a lot of time at the Refuge (Perch, Gills, Bass & Pike) south of Valentine followed by Merritt for walleye, crappie, etc.

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2012, 10:22 AM »
Lots of big smallies in F.C. Our state bass team has quite a few tournaments there, as well as some local clubs.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2012, 03:21 PM »
Tom, around you guys will fish the tailrace from a boat all year long.

The other thing is I've heard so many stories of guys drilling through the ice on Case and staring at water 1' below the bottom of the ice that I decided a long time ago that for that particular 3 hour drive I'd take a boat  ;D

Sure, no problem on fishing sometime.

If I was you, unless you are walleye only, I'd plan a lot of time at the Refuge (Perch, Gills, Bass & Pike) south of Valentine followed by Merritt for walleye, crappie, etc.

If I could ever actually catch me a walleye thru the ice I would probably be more dedicated to them. I am more of a pan fishing guy. I am looking forward to the refuge lakes for sure.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.