The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: anyone dreaming of ice already like me  (Read 3369 times)

Offline MTangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Here fishy fishy fishy.
Re: anyone dreaming of ice already like me
« Reply #30 on: Oct 26, 2012, 04:06 PM »
You're right MTAngler but this cold goes a long way to getting the average lake temps down to where they will freeze quickly when the cold finally sets in!!!

Touche. I never really looked at it that way! Aaah the power of positive thinking  :bow:

MTA

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #31 on: Oct 28, 2012, 12:13 AM »
For the last two days there has been ice covering all of Homestake Lake as I passed to go deer hunting in the Jefferson valley.  If it stays much longer I might have to go see if there are any planters left in there!  Delmoe Lake should be freezing up soon too as it is usually fishable the weekend after hunting season is finished.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Offline perchSlayer95

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • team montana fishing team
« Reply #32 on: Oct 28, 2012, 07:37 PM »
the ice is starting to run through my veins . . . just got a new vex and am so anxious to go try it out on all the hard water. . . . time cant go by fast enough
 :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :tipup: :tipup: ;D ;D :)

sittin here waitin on a flag drinkin beer and wastin propane

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Oct 29, 2012, 01:18 PM »
My All Season Sports Trailer  is done!  I can't wait to go get it.  My family will be fishing in comfort this year!  Hope there is a good cold snap before we head out to pick it up so we can do some early season ice fishing on our trip!

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Offline HVFD14

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't ask...I can't tell.
« Reply #34 on: Oct 29, 2012, 10:03 PM »
My All Season Sports Trailer  is done!  I can't wait to go get it.  My family will be fishing in comfort this year!  Hope there is a good cold snap before we head out to pick it up so we can do some early season ice fishing on our trip!

Jay

Jay...I'm pretty sure that I am long lost family.  Can I come too?  I know a great spot for that thing.
  BE THERE!

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Oct 29, 2012, 11:31 PM »
Jay...I'm pretty sure that I am long lost family.  Can I come too?  I know a great spot for that thing.

I can pull my 4 wheelers with it, off load them, hook the trailer up to the bike, and my gear and everything out on the ice.  The trailer floats so safety is one reason I got it.  That and the whole keep the wife and kids warm in our cabin on the ice!  I ordered it with 6 holes and it has enough room to sleep 4 cots.  It heats to 75+ degrees at -20 with a Big Buddy heater thanks to an insulated floor and three layered enclosure.  Lots of overnighters planned for this winter.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Offline dumpld1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The world is my Ice House
« Reply #36 on: Oct 30, 2012, 08:19 AM »
thanks for the pics Your trailor looks amazing and very well set up.  hint hint ;) ;)

Offline MTangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Here fishy fishy fishy.
« Reply #37 on: Oct 30, 2012, 08:46 AM »
WOW I want one  ;D

MTA

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #38 on: Oct 30, 2012, 10:40 AM »
When the skies filled with smoke this summer is when I started dreaming about it. I took the 4-wheeler into some mountain lakes for some fall open water fishing on 10/22/12. The lower & upper lakes were completely iced over. The middle lake, which is about twice the size of the other two, still had some open water on it. I'm all "jacked-up" for the hard water season now!!

Offline adam_mcd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Nov 10, 2012, 06:17 PM »
Couple of small ponds around town a halfway froze up and weather man says zero degrees tonight. :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline Talls92

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Nov 11, 2012, 09:22 PM »
Gettin to the negatives tonight and tomorrow on the east side!!!

Offline Griztrax Jr.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Nov 11, 2012, 10:15 PM »
Lake Helena was almost completely iced over yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if it started on the Hauser side of the Causeway last night.  :thumbsup:

Offline montanahardwater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Nov 12, 2012, 07:29 PM »
Yup!! Cant wait. Changing all my lines on the tip-ups and the jigging rods. and thinking about building a floor for my Cube.

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Nov 12, 2012, 08:20 PM »

Spotted this morning.. Got excited.. Then seen the extended forecast  :-\

Offline montanahardwater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Nov 12, 2012, 10:40 PM »
Wadsworth is always a good place to check for new ice. And a quick getaway to make sure gear is up to par.

Offline TJet Apprentice45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Nov 13, 2012, 08:47 AM »
Came out of the Breaks north of Winnett Sunday, stopped at Vogel to take a look, it's low but iced over all the way accross.  Hope the fish made it through the hot summer with the lack of water.
Slugs "N" Sinkers Jet Boating

Offline fisherman 4 life

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Nov 13, 2012, 10:26 AM »
I have been dreaming of ice since the day it melted last year. Every time i go to a sporting goods store i spend hours looking at ice rods, shanties, augers, and lures even though i just bought all new gear last year its still fun to look.

Offline tyrinnysaurus rex

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Nov 13, 2012, 01:51 PM »
I don't think the fish in Vogel made it.  I was up there last week for about three hours and didn't catch any or see any jump.  Not a good sign.   I stopped by Yellow Water on the way home and it was very low also and the water was off color and kind of stunk.  Did the fish survive?  Maybe-maybe not.  I wouldn't put any money on it.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Nov 13, 2012, 03:25 PM »
that's too bad, Vogel was a blast last year through the ice and the perch were getting to be some good keeper size.  Suppose I'll still give it a shot as soon as it gets a little good ice just to find out, this is going to make a quick trip alot more tough if the close lakes up there are all dead.

Rex, if you had to guess how far down the damn was the water at YW?  was all the rip rap out of the water?

Offline double_a85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Nov 13, 2012, 03:28 PM »
What a SHAME if Yellowwater dies off... I fished it in March right after ice off and the fishing was top notch!! And they had good size to em since the last dieoff. Guess it means I will be heading to Bair alot this winter.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Nov 13, 2012, 03:36 PM »
Am I dreaming or is the WebCame of crooked cr. on the montana walleye's unlimited page showing ice on that thing already??   I didn't see a date but it doesn't look like an old pic.

Anyone think the hippies from CMR will give us problems getting on the ice this year if it drops below the boat ramp like they did when it dropped to that point years ago? That was a real bummer not being able to get on the water there cuz we might hurt that super fragil breaks mud that should be under water. :cookoo:

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Nov 13, 2012, 06:03 PM »
thanks for the pics Your trailor looks amazing and very well set up.  hint hint ;) ;)

Here you go.  The manufacture just sent me this picture as they just got every thing buttoned up on it.  Can't wait to go get it!!!

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.