Author Topic: LX-9, rolling out  (Read 12020 times)

Offline Dark Cloud

• Team IceShanty Addict
LX-9, rolling out
« on: Jul 09, 2012, 07:27 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scai3_BjzZg&feature=plcp

Supreme Technology in Your 'Office'

MarCum’s remarkable LX-9 redefines fish-finding technology once more

Minnetonka, Minn. (July 9, 2012) - Three-in-ones have liberated cubicles and corner offices worldwide. Used to be that the printer, scanner and copier were standalone units, eating up space with their one-dimensional capacities. In a fish house, sonar and underwater cameras are standard issue, but also occupy space. Both have a footprint. Both are requisite. So what if you took the most advanced ice fishing sonar on the market and merged it with the highest resolution possible in underwater viewing? Welcome to the future of ice fishing.

MarCum Technologies’ new LX-9 Sonar/Camera/DVR System immerses hardwater anglers in a rich, colorful world of fish-finding technology. For the first time ever, it’s possible to view the fish, structure and cover through a diversity of underwater eyes—digital sonar and underwater video camera combined into a single high-tech portable device.

“Amazing… Underwater viewing and supreme sonar all in one,” says ice fishing pro Tony Roach while licking his chops. “The LX-9 gives me wide screen sonar and live underwater video views at the same time, on the same screen. I can even overlay sonar images onto live underwater video. Imagine the potential of this powerful combination.”

Imbued with MarCum’s full menu of famed patented sonar features, LX-9 is the culmination of a decade of intelligent sonar engineering. An 8-inch flat panel color LCD (with RCA video out) plays live underwater video, multiple user-defined sonar displays…or both simultaneously – the readouts actually merge into a single, easily viewable image. Industry exclusive Sonar Footprint™ Technology displays area of bottom coverage at any depth. A customizable “Dashboard” reveals digital depth, battery voltage, range, sensitivity, and interference rejection (IR), as well as on camera screen displays of water temp, camera depth, and relative camera direction. Sonar is also temperature capable when used with an optional High-Speed Transducer.

A built-in DVR even provides screen recording and instant on-screen playback. Unit can also record to a separate SD card, or via video-out/in.

MarCum’s intelligently managed sonar engine is driven by a cool 4800-watts PtP with a switchable Dual Beam (8o and 20o) transducer. Power matters; just ask the fish exposed by MarCums that can easily elude the low wattage pushed by other brands.

The system’s aquatic “truth detector” is the LX-9’s industry best Sony Super HAD II CCD camera with 75-feet of cable. Advanced light sensitive (.01 lux) optics deliver the sharpest, cleanest color picture available, while Darkwater™ LED Light Technology illuminates the viewing area in dark and dirty water.

“The ability to simultaneously compare vivid sonar renderings with actual underwater video advances our fishing skills and underwater perception by light-years,” says Roach. “And with a built in DVR, anglers can immediately capture, upload or review any underwater event. This is a truly remarkable piece of technology.”

The entire LX-9 system comes sheathed in a special padded softcase with a rechargeable 12-volt 9-amp battery, automatic charger and Snow Shield Faceplate. It even includes MarCum’s exclusive Auto Camera Panner for the full underwater video viewing experience – 360-degrees of fishiness in the palm of your hand.

“We remain one-hundred percent invested in the precepts of innovation,” says MarCum Brand Manager, Jon Marshall. “LX-9 is the brainchild of this passion and dedication—it’s the meeting of two essential fish-finding technologies, bringing together for the first time digital sonar and live color underwater video into a single portable unit. And with its built-in DVR function, the powerful images that scroll across the screen will be captured, replayed and shared via other portable electronic devices.

“At MarCum, we’ve long understood that information is power, but passion pulls the trigger.”

Loaded with features and functions, LX-9 is a fish-finding marvel waiting to explore, and to be explored. Visit www.marcumtech.com to discover this and other powerful MarCum technologies, and to initiate your own underwater surveillance mission.

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LX-9, rolling out
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2012, 04:54 AM »
Price  will be $1199.99!

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2012, 05:38 AM »
What an awesome combination of features.  Should please almost anyone out there.  :clap: :clap: :flex: :flex: :bow: :icefish:
What's next DC?  We want more.  :P

surflizard

« Reply #3 on: Jul 10, 2012, 05:57 AM »
Thanks for posting that DC, it is quite the one two punch as far as ice fishing technology goes !! :thumbsup:

Offline SINX53

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jul 10, 2012, 08:06 AM »
That thing looks AWESOME! Vexilar better take notice.

Offline jigarap14617

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jul 10, 2012, 09:17 AM »
I bought the LX7 last year and have the 49th off the assembly line and LOVE IT,especially in the chart/graph mode.Now to get my hands on one of these babies and Lay the chart over a live video image,I think I am just going to have to lay down the $1,199.I am sure the new LX9 will have some bugs for the first month or so,but Marcum will take the feed back from their customers and put up update out quickly as they did last season.I spoke to John myself,and he/they were very responsive,and I also understood that they can't foresee every possible situation we are going to fish in,and the update took care of my and everyone else's issues from what I have heard.I can not wait to buy this baby,Marcum is so far out in front of the competition,eat your hearts out Vexlar fans,Marcum is the way to go,no doubt about it!

Offline Ekruger01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jul 11, 2012, 12:15 AM »
One of the marcum guys posted on another site that the 7 will be upgradable to the 9's features......so dont sell your 7's yet!

surflizard

« Reply #7 on: Jul 11, 2012, 05:43 AM »
That would be Awesome if that pans out EK, Thanks for passing that along ! :thumbsup:

Offline Ekruger01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jul 11, 2012, 10:08 AM »
this is the direct quote from the staffer.....

3 Words...

1) LX7
2) Upgrade
3) Program

(Not sure if "LX7" qualifies as a word but you get my drift.)

LX7's will be upgradable to the 9. Details will be announced in advance of the ice fishing season in plenty of time to allow owners to get their units upgraded before 1st ice.

am I wrong in assuming that at some point before first ice those of us with 7's should be able to update and add a camera? I was looking at my 7 lastnight and I knew about the sd card slot in the back, but Maybe I missed it when I didint see a spot to plug a camera in...will def be interesting to see how this goes down.

also if I update to the 9 software and camera on my 7 is it then an lx9 or an lx7Tc kinda deal......lol

Offline Braaap-n-Trap

• IceShanty Rookie
  • team dale ny
« Reply #9 on: Jul 11, 2012, 09:40 PM »
That would be sweet if we could

Offline Dark Cloud

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jul 12, 2012, 05:01 AM »
I'll see what I can find out with the "up-grades"...

some video from ICAST...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD2am0juI2I

surflizard

« Reply #11 on: Jul 12, 2012, 06:05 AM »
That graph overlay on the video feed is Amazing ! :thumbsup:

Offline TType86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Aug 01, 2012, 04:23 PM »
Does anyone else wish the LX7/LX9 had a smaller head unit? Call me crazy but them things look too bulky to me! I know they probably dont weigh any more than most mechanical flashers, but they just seem too bulky. Im sure once I had it sitting there fishing with one I would appreciate it more, but still. Its not for me until they build a smaller one with same features.

surflizard

« Reply #13 on: Aug 01, 2012, 04:26 PM »
The LX-6 is designed with that very idea in mind, it only has a 6 inch screen !

Offline TType86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Aug 01, 2012, 05:01 PM »
I havent heard of this. Ill have to look into that one. Even though Id be happy with a 4 or 5" screen and I cant afford to buy one this year anyways. But a smaller version of an LX7 or LX9 may top my wish list though!

surflizard

« Reply #15 on: Aug 01, 2012, 06:22 PM »
They have it posted on the Marcum website.

Offline Mudslide

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Aug 01, 2012, 06:28 PM »
Chances are that there are unused pins in the transducer or power cable that will incorportae a Y adapter to connect the camera. Software and the sd card will do the rest. Too cool!
[img width=257 height=80]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc495/gert27/Stcroix-1-1.jpg[img width=257 height=80]

Offline duck_hunter_69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAAAGG!!!JACKWAGON!!!
« Reply #17 on: Aug 05, 2012, 04:08 AM »
That thing looks AWESOME! Vexilar better take notice.

Vex already makes one.....only difference is the flasher and video are separate....personally i don't care for the lcd flashers....Vexs camera and display is better battery life longer price is 300 Less....the only thing that would make that even near worth the price would be do away with the "showdown" mode the "hummingbird" style mode.....flasher, video, and add gps....now that's a unit!
Hardwater Maniacs Pro staff
CrappieZilla Ice Pro staff
Team Extrem Wisconsin Series Competitor

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #18 on: Aug 05, 2012, 04:24 AM »

Offline Minnowhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Aug 05, 2012, 05:56 AM »
I don't see how you can upgrade your 7 to a 9.  Two totally different units. GPS will probably be added next year and they will call it lx-11  ::) Still too high of a price tag anyway.
Confucious say: "Wise man waits till Winter to walk on water!"

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #20 on: Aug 05, 2012, 06:22 AM »
I don't see how you can upgrade your 7 to a 9.  Two totally different units. GPS will probably be added next year and they will call it lx-11  ::) Still too high of a price tag anyway.
Well, it's marketing and they will never quit offering newer, more versatile units, IMO.  As for the price tag?  Gotta "pay to play".  I love my 7 and would not trade it for any other.  I'm waiting another year to see what else develops.  The camera option does not especially interest me anyways - I fish in pretty dark/stained water most of the time.  Also, I don't know if I want GPS built in.  I suppose if all the features are there, then it's all good.

surflizard

« Reply #21 on: Aug 05, 2012, 07:46 AM »
Both the 7 the 9 have the Identical face frame and dash board, so I am led to believe that it is a hard drive upgrade and a Y splitter cable that is the only difference between the 2 machines. Either way, I'm glad I came along for the ride, its the best sonar out of all the different brands that I've owned or operated ! :thumbsup:

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Aug 05, 2012, 09:55 AM »
I am happy with the LX 7.  I don't want a camera nor the bother of dragging 150 feet of cable around.  ;)
I have a hand held GPS that works fine for summer and winter fishing, and hunting.
Stay safe  ....    Tom

Offline Mudslide

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Aug 05, 2012, 11:01 PM »
Like I said: there are extra pins that an adaptor can use to add the camera. A simple software update will add the menus and the SD slot will provide the memory for the recording feature. They were planning on gps last year but a buyout of the company they were planning on using put an end to that. Probably next year. That's really all it needs.
[img width=257 height=80]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc495/gert27/Stcroix-1-1.jpg[img width=257 height=80]

Offline bowhuntken

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Aug 06, 2012, 01:22 PM »
The LX-6 is designed with that very idea in mind, it only has a 6 inch screen !
the box on the lx-7 says 8 inch viewable screen and in actuality the viewable screen is approx 5 inches by 6 1/2 inches or am I missing something?
usmc 1989-1993

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #25 on: Aug 06, 2012, 06:21 PM »
the box on the lx-7 says 8 inch viewable screen and in actuality the viewable screen is approx 5 inches by 6 1/2 inches or am I missing something?
I do believe - displays, in general, are measured diagonally.

Offline Mudslide

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Aug 06, 2012, 11:13 PM »
Yes, measured diagonally. Industry standard.

Offline bowhuntken

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Aug 07, 2012, 09:53 AM »
I do believe - displays, in general, are measured diagonally.
Thx for the info guys, learned something new
usmc 1989-1993

Offline MBrown4

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There's a buggy whip!
« Reply #28 on: Aug 07, 2012, 03:11 PM »
instead of the camera, i would rather see a high tech gps mod to the lx7 or bring some of the open water sonar features to the lx7. would be sweet in my opinion

Offline TType86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Aug 07, 2012, 03:29 PM »
instead of the camera, i would rather see a high tech gps mod

Not me! I had a lowrance 522 with gps I took on the ice a few times. For me (a walker) Its pointless to try and refer to a gps on a unit I cant stuff in a pocket. The lx? Would be the same. And for me I actually never really need gps anyways. I do most my fishing on small lakes and ponds. I know alot of guys would benefit from it on the larger northern lakes but not me. Got a question. Can the lx7 display graph and the vertical flasher at the same time? And does it have something similar to the real time sonar window on a humminbird? Just curious.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.