The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Rod repair in the Flathead  (Read 762 times)

Offline MatCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Rod repair in the Flathead
« on: Mar 19, 2012, 01:16 PM »
I have a St. Croix spinning rod that has a couple of bad eyes.  Was going to just send it in, but thought that if anyone knew of a shop around Kalispell that does that kind of work, it might be easier to drop it there than mail it off.  Like I said not major repair, just looking for a tune up before I hit the open water. 

Offline greyling

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Rod repair in the Flathead
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2012, 05:30 PM »
I have a fly rod that is snapped about 2in. from top, any shops near HELENA  :-\
"No life is so happy and so pleasant as the life of the well-govern'd angler." - Izaak Walton

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2012, 09:29 PM »
Give Greg V a call...In Columbia Falls...he is on here from time to time, but don't remember his handle... 212-3558

He'll "fix" you up!  Tell him I sent ya ;D
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline RobG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2012, 12:26 AM »
I have a fly rod that is snapped about 2in. from top, any shops near HELENA  :-\

I have a few fly rods that are a few inches shorter than when I bought them. Put a new tip on it and it will work fine. Call around and find one with rod building stuff. They can glue a new rod tip guide on in about 1 minute or at least tell you how to do it.

Offline MatCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2012, 08:34 AM »
Give Greg V a call...In Columbia Falls...he is on here from time to time, but don't remember his handle... 212-3558

He'll "fix" you up!  Tell him I sent ya ;D
Thanks PA, will look him up.

Offline Pout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2012, 01:29 PM »

Hey Greyling,
   I'm in Helena and can fix that up for you, should take all of 5 minutes.  PM me if you've not had it fixed yet.
Save gas. Fart in a jar

Offline greyling

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2012, 04:00 PM »
Thank you much but i just got it fixed the other day, back on the water catching fish!
"No life is so happy and so pleasant as the life of the well-govern'd angler." - Izaak Walton

Offline Pout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Apr 13, 2012, 11:54 PM »
Good to hear!  Lot of big fish to be caught right now
Save gas. Fart in a jar

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.