The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Looking for a soft water fishing buddy...  (Read 885 times)

Offline bquick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Looking for a soft water fishing buddy...
« on: Mar 18, 2012, 10:38 PM »
I just picked up a 14' Lund and will be getting it set up for fishing this year.  Although I will be getting out a lot with the family, I may also be looking for farther trips or trying a bunch of new fishing activities.  If you are looking for an escape until next hard water season let me know.  Have a great summer off...

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
Re: Looking for a soft water fishing buddy...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2012, 07:56 PM »
P.M. Sent.  I am also looking to network with more fishermen for some open water fishing buddies.  I fish 100+ days per year and would love to fish more lakes and places this year.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Offline Robbi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2012, 09:01 PM »
Last year I was out dragging the boat just about every weekend.  Hopefully this year will be a repeat......all depends on work and what the price of gas does I suppose.  But, always willing to meet up and swap stories on shore.  We fish Frances, Tiber, Fresno, Holter, GOM, Hauser for the most part.......Let me know if you're gonna be going to any of those and perhaps we'll bump into each other.......

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2012, 09:37 PM »
Sounds good Robbi.  I like to get on other peoples boats and see how they run their gear, how they rig their boat, and what techniques the are or aren't using to help make me a better angler and boatsman.  I would like to learn those northern lakes you fish from Holter on up.  I have the early season @ GOM down fairly good but have yet to fish it in the summer.

Jay

P.S. You and I have the same opinion of the water rats in the summer.  But hey, not everyone can catch fish!
Take a kid fishing.

Bullelk34

« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2012, 09:53 PM »
If you guys want to meet up sometime this summer and fish Hauser or Holter drop me a line, I've got those pretty well figured out. Robbi and I have been known to fish together, he knows Holter pretty well too.

Carl

Offline Robbi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2012, 09:59 PM »
Carl..........can't wait to get on the water.....this weekend??  If they would quit changing the weather reports I could make plans.....don't have the new electronics in yet, but work is slow this week so I'm hoping I can finish them up Wed-Fri........

Jay....my finance' doesn't let me out without her when it comes to fishing, so it would be great to bring your wife also since I see she fishes......

And don't think for a minute that I have any clue on how to fish walleye, or Holter etc.........I'm constantly getting proven wrong.......LOL  Thanks tho Carl......

Bullelk34

« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2012, 10:04 PM »
Might have to Robbi- Chrissy's been bugging to go, if the weather holds up we might have to give it a shot. Working in Billings this week, snowed most  of the way here but it's supposed to be nicer this weekend.

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2012, 10:29 PM »
It would be great if we could get a group of families that like to fish and camp for a couple of get together's this summer!  My wife and kids love the water and to camp.  If we plan long enough in advance I would help get campers to the chosen lake ahead of time if I'm on days off.  I know how hard it it to try and tow the boat and camper up on the same day.  That way we could get camp spots in the same area.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Offline bquick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2012, 11:09 PM »
That's an outstanding idea!  In fact, if we had a few boats and a few campsites then you could almost do a fun family fish-off between everybody.  Throw a few cool prizes in for the kiddos and the biggest catch wins first pick of the prizes... etc.  Whatcha all think?

Offline Robbi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 19, 2012, 11:23 PM »
Always up for suggestions and a good time........Our kids are grown and gone.....but I love watching kids catch fish, it's a blast.  One thing I know about Frances is that I can put you in the middle of a zillion perch........every once in a while you get a keeper, but the kids will catch consistantly.

Offline nic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 19, 2012, 11:24 PM »
It would be great if we could get a group of families that like to fish and camp for a couple of get together's this summer!  My wife and kids love the water and to camp.  If we plan long enough in advance I would help get campers to the chosen lake ahead of time if I'm on days off.  I know how hard it it to try and tow the boat and camper up on the same day.  That way we could get camp spots in the same area.

Jay
I'm in for holter...family fun.. catch lots of eyes there..robbi..'eye know youre all about it and Jay its closer to home for you..?
have to be late june early july and the kids can have fun durn day and the big kids fish all night!!

oh shet wrong site 'eye thought i was on MFF! !   tweener days...

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Mar 20, 2012, 01:23 AM »
I'm all over it.  I'll start a post on MFF about it so we can carry on over there.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.