The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Canyon Ferry Ice Eyes  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Fishin Friesz

• Team IceShanty Regular
Canyon Ferry Ice Eyes
« on: Mar 01, 2012, 01:30 PM »
I know I've heard a lot of conflicting ideas on where the walleyes go in the winter on Canyon Ferry, but has anyone ever been able to catch them consistently through the ice??  I catch a few here and there when I'm perch fishing, and have even ventured north some yrs and managed to pull a few out.  I know not being able to use live bait makes things harder ( in my opinion) , but I refuse to believe that a lake that has such good walleye fishing in the spring, summer, and fall just can't be figured out in the winter.  They are still in there!!!  Anyone have any input???

Offline Wardo

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Canyon Ferry Ice Eyes
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2012, 05:48 PM »
I heard they hibernate  :-\

IceCreeper

« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2012, 01:03 PM »
The 8lber I pulled through the ice at hole in the wall definetly wasnt hibernating,had a 11" trout in its gut.

Offline Fishin Friesz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2012, 01:46 PM »
The 8lber I pulled through the ice at hole in the wall definetly wasnt hibernating,had a 11" trout in its gut.

That gives me some hope, that's the biggest eye of heard of through the ice on canyon...they sure are spread out,...got me scratching my head

Offline mtman000

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2012, 02:05 PM »
thats a nice  eye!!!! was that this year you got that one, i've only had a few small ones whille fishing for perch. biggest being about 13inches

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2012, 07:08 PM »
Sure it wasn't a carp??? ;D ???
just Kiddin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.