Author Topic: marcum lx7 issues  (Read 15227 times)

Offline bowhunter68

• Team IceShanty Addict
marcum lx7 issues
« on: Feb 23, 2012, 06:57 PM »
I have updated my lx 7 to v2.9 and still am having screen flicker and if i pull quickly to set the hook the screen goes balistic...my question is what settings are people using such as target, depth and sensitivity?? Im fishing cascade lake in about 24' of water. I hit the factory restore button but still seem to be having the issues....missing my vexilar FL-20 currently żżżż
BOWHUNTER68

Offline Cub

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: marcum lx7 issues
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2012, 02:48 PM »
Mine did the same thing on the first laker that hit my jig after the update..I shut the machine off and turned it back on and have caught 20 lakers since and not had a problem..
Jig em up!

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2012, 05:57 PM »
0 on target, 2-3 on sensitivity depths between 15-45'

Offline bowhunter68

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2012, 06:04 PM »
Cool thanks will try those settings...i did the upgrade about a month ago and still having the issues but marcum called me today and said if it continues this weekend they will take care of it....
BOWHUNTER68

Offline bowhunter68

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2012, 08:30 PM »
downloaded the update trying to resolve some issues and the issue seems to be on dynamic depth i get get constant changing depths and the flasher color bar flashes with triangular chunks missing out of it....ive lowered the sensitivity to three bars and target to two bars and dropped the ping to 2....tried factory reset etc....anyone seeing this type of crap on their LX7 after the v2.9 upgrade???

Thanks
BOWHUNTER68

Offline Mowser4104

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2012, 07:33 PM »
bowhunter I fish in less than 6 FOW and had the same thing going on. I'm running mine in the open water mode and 10' for depth that took care of it. Is the lake your fishing weedy? I've noticed that you will pick up the weeds moving if you set the hook and move the weeds it will stop when the weeds settle down.
Life's to short live it as if you don't have tomarrow.

Offline sidt87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2012, 12:30 AM »
This is my first flasher ever, so I'm not really sure how flasher's are "suppose" to work but with the 2.9 upgrade I sometimes experience a lot of flashing and stationary yellow bars (no other flashers are close around). Anyone ever get that? When that happens I usually lower the sensitivity and it would partially stop but still exists. Also, is your jig/lure suppose to be flashing green/red/yellow constantly? And does anyone ever get a full charge? The highest charge I can get is a 13.3v and that's with 30plus hour of charging. Not that it matters too much since it lasts all day so far but should I be contacting Marcum? Thanks guys! I'm a noob!

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 07, 2012, 05:54 AM »
downloaded the update trying to resolve some issues and the issue seems to be on dynamic depth i get get constant changing depths and the flasher color bar flashes with triangular chunks missing out of it....ive lowered the sensitivity to three bars and target to two bars and dropped the ping to 2....tried factory reset etc....anyone seeing this type of crap on their LX7 after the v2.9 upgrade???

Thanks

I have not been using Dynamic Depth because one lake is all under 10 feet and the other is 18 feet so I have been using 10 and 20 foot range, I have target at 0, sensitivity 2 to 3, ping 3. I have found that switching to open water mode helps in shallower water.

This is my first flasher ever, so I'm not really sure how flasher's are "suppose" to work but with the 2.9 upgrade I sometimes experience a lot of flashing and stationary yellow bars (no other flashers are close around). Anyone ever get that? When that happens I usually lower the sensitivity and it would partially stop but still exists. Also, is your jig/lure suppose to be flashing green/red/yellow constantly? And does anyone ever get a full charge? The highest charge I can get is a 13.3v and that's with 30plus hour of charging. Not that it matters too much since it lasts all day so far but should I be contacting Marcum? Thanks guys! I'm a noob!

I have not experienced any of this, try open water mode especially if you are fishing less than 10 feet of water with a harder bottom. 13.3v is where the light changes to green on my unit, call Marcum (don't email) and ask them about these issues they may have a solution for you. I don't leave a message when I call them I just keep calling back until I get someone.

Here is an Astronomy lesson - The world revolves around the sun, not you!

Offline stevek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • STKA (MHF)
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2012, 08:27 AM »

Sounds like the "noise" you are seeing may be weeds?

Offline sidt87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Mar 08, 2012, 01:19 AM »
I have experience those random flashes anywhere from 7-10ft with weeds and no weeds, and from 35-45ft with no weeds at all. I'll ask marcum the next time I call them. Hopefully its not a big issue with my unit!

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 08, 2012, 06:36 AM »
I have updated my lx 7 to v2.9 and still am having screen flicker and if i pull quickly to set the hook the screen goes balistic...my question is what settings are people using such as target, depth and sensitivity?? Im fishing cascade lake in about 24' of water. I hit the factory restore button but still seem to be having the issues....missing my vexilar FL-20 currently żżżż

You didn't sell you FL-20???  You sold the best ice fishing sonar known to man?  Try to get it back!  The fl-20 is a tank, that said also love my lx3tc especially when outside.
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Mar 24, 2012, 09:10 AM »
I am fishing in 150 feet of water.  My LX 7 is showing lines (band) on the vertical depth and flasher around the 90 - 110 depth.  I also saw this in 11 feet of water around the 3 ft. mark.
Any thoughts what might be causing this?
Stay safe  ....    Tom

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 24, 2012, 06:15 PM »
Have you played with the settings when this happens?

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Mar 24, 2012, 06:33 PM »
Gillfisher,

Yes I have tried several adjustments.   Any suggestions?
Stay safe  ....    Tom

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Mar 24, 2012, 08:24 PM »
I emailed Marcum but I don't expect a reply until Monday or Tuesday.
Stay safe  ....    Tom

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Mar 25, 2012, 08:24 AM »
Did you play with the IR settings, run through all of them to see if it goes away. Also try open water mode and adjust your sensitivity up and down, sometimes going up on sensitivity can make it go away (weird I know) but try it. Could it be bait fish? Or is it always the same spot?

Your better off calling Marcum and talking to someone, if you don't get through right away try again in a few minutes. If you can do this while out on the water even better.

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Mar 25, 2012, 08:38 AM »
I'll be on the ice tomorrow fishing the 150 ft. depth.  I'll adjust the settings to see what happens.

Thanks  ....
Stay safe  ....    Tom

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Mar 25, 2012, 08:53 AM »
Would you happen to be using dynamic depth? If you are try it in manual range selection instead. The dynamic depth still needs to be tweaked IMO.

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Mar 29, 2012, 10:00 AM »
Gill,

I don't use dynamic depth, I set the depth.  I have spoken with Marcum.
I'll send the unit back on Monday.  Saturday is the last day of our season until our
May 24th. long weekend so I wont be using it.

You can see the band of lines at the 100 ft. mark / 7 o'clock on the dial.

Stay safe  ....    Tom

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Mar 29, 2012, 01:55 PM »
WT - that is weird, I don't fish in more than 20 feet typically, I do have a lake within 20 miles that is over 200 feet deep that I will have to go try next ice season and see if mine has the same issue.  ???

What did Marcum think the problem is?

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Mar 29, 2012, 03:46 PM »
Marcum is not sure what the problem is.  They have said they will fix the unit or replace it.
I am happy.
Stay safe  ....    Tom

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Apr 03, 2012, 05:03 PM »
Sent the head of the unit to Marcum on Monday.  Will be interesting to see the turn around door to door.
Stay safe  ....    Tom

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Apr 03, 2012, 05:46 PM »
When mine went out it was only 2 days, but they sent me a new one first then I sent mine back in their box with prepaid postage from them.  :thumbsup:

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Apr 03, 2012, 07:46 PM »
Gill,

I'll have to deal with Canada Customs and Canada Post  .....   oh well, that's life in the north  ....
Stay safe  ....    Tom

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Apr 04, 2012, 11:03 AM »
Ohh, I've heard that can be a hold up at times. Hopefully all goes well.

Offline ciscobass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Apr 05, 2012, 11:00 AM »
I too ordered the LX-7 and should arrive next Tuesday. I am in Canada too, please let me know the return time. Not planning to have any issue with this unit by is good to know the return time just in case.

Thanks Philip

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Apr 06, 2012, 12:45 PM »
Cisco,

Will do.
Stay safe  ....    Tom

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Apr 30, 2012, 02:59 PM »
Turn around from Marcum was great.  Then I waited 3 weeks for Canada Customs and Canada Post.
Stay safe  ....    Tom

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Apr 30, 2012, 04:18 PM »
Did they say what was wrong with it? Just curious if they told you anything.

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2012, 09:21 AM »
My unit was gone for about a week when I got notification it was being sent back.  I have no
idea what they did.  Return post was slow but I was not in a hurry as ice fishing was closed.
Hopefully I will be pleased next winter.
Stay safe  ....    Tom

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.