Author Topic: X67 ducer cable separation!  (Read 835 times)

Offline Dog-duster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where's the ice?
X67 ducer cable separation!
« on: Feb 18, 2012, 07:31 PM »
I found today when I opened my X67 to charge it that the rubber sheath around my ducer cable has separated from the top of the ducer. It looks like a clean break almost like it pulled out instead of tearing. There is something that appears to be like white nylon fibers and a braided aluminum or stainless going up the sheath. I'm not sure it it was like this when I used it on my last trip a week ago. I don't want to try it in water for fear it will short the ducer out and I'll be out of luck for a bit at the tail end of the season. I plan to send an email to Lowrance directly and I may just silicone it heavily in the meantime.  Any other ideas? Has anyone else had this happen? This is only my first season and I'm really not too rough with it. I'm hoping that Lowrance will warranty it.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: X67 ducer cable separation!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2012, 08:28 PM »
Had my Marcum 'ducer too far below the ice and had a pike wrap my braid around the cable cutting the rubber sheath right at the 'ducer. I used 2 part epoxy gel to repair and build up the area. Worked perfectly and it really strengthened up the area where it enters the 'ducer. I used this stuff:  http://u-40.com/quickbond.html

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2012, 10:00 PM »
If its not under warrenty or Lowrance won't fix it free pick up a tube of "Marine GOOP". Will fix it up for quite a while. Still a good idea to pick up a spare though. Hunting for a new ducer and hoping it comes before the weekend so you can go fishing sucks.

Offline Dog-duster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where's the ice?
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2012, 08:34 AM »
I'll call Lowrance Tuesday and see if they'll warranty but just in case I'll prob pick up some marine goop because I can get it easily locally I may do epoxy first and them the goop to seal if Lowrance doesn't replace it for me. Thanks for the ideas guys.

Offline Dog-duster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where's the ice?
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2012, 09:26 AM »
I called Lowrance yesterday and they're sending one to replace mine.  @) They have some darn good customer service if you ask me.

Offline wyo700

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2012, 11:13 PM »
I called Lowrance yesterday and they're sending one to replace mine.  @) They have some darn good customer service if you ask me.

Good to hear, I haven't heard to many good things about there customer service my self.  But I have never dealt with them either just other people.  The x67c I have came with the foam float and metal rod  that keeps the weight off the ducer cable. Might not be a bad idea to try that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.