Author Topic: marcum lx 3  (Read 1043 times)

Offline NyPaHunter789

• Team IceShanty Regular
marcum lx 3
« on: Feb 11, 2012, 03:56 PM »
I have a marcum lx 3 that i have had for two years now.  Today was my second trip out this season, first trip of the year the flasher worked great.  Today it only gave me headaches with some issues, hopefully you guys could tell me whats going on with it.  At first today it was working just like normal but then it start acting up. It was flickering all over the screen then would return to normal then start back up and get so bad that i had hard time making out. my jig on the screen.  then i tried turning off and disconnecting the battery. after trying this kept doing the same thing off and on.  then sometimes the screen would just turn red on the whole thing then i would turn off and power back on and be fine for short while.  Then some times it would be normal screen then would switch to a screen that looks like it was showing bottom an fish suspended two foot up and freeze like that until i shut off and turned back on.  but in between these problems unit worked fine.  just so frustrated.  If anyone could give me some advice i would greatly appreciate it. thanks Dave

Offline gemcityslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: marcum lx 3
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2012, 07:44 PM »
Was it fully charged?

Offline dairyman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2012, 10:10 PM »
check the tightness of the transducer and battery cables on the back of the unit--------mine have been loose ----do you hear a hum from your transducer--------you should.........some place to start any how--good luck

Offline NyPaHunter789

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2012, 07:21 PM »
yes the unit was fully charged and yes i do hear a hum from the transducer.  i will check all connects to make sure everything is tight

Offline cousin eddie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2012, 12:34 PM »
Was anyone else fishing near you with a flasher?  Some of the flickering you had sounds like interference from another unit nearby.

Offline NyPaHunter789

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2012, 09:17 PM »
there was no one within 80 yards of me.  I do not know what was wrong with it.  going to try it again this weekend and see if it does it again.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2012, 09:21 PM »
Take a spare battery along to try, if it's not that then maybe a bad ducer?

Offline Mike_W

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2012, 12:46 AM »
Try hitting the IR button next time see if that helps

Offline NyPaHunter789

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2012, 09:22 PM »
while it was acting up i  did try hitting the ir button. but that did nothing

Offline Loonman 2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2012, 11:44 AM »
NyPA  after trying the above options see if any one has a ducer  you can try. My LX3 had the same problems and it was the ducer.

Offline MoreTroutPls

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2012, 02:56 PM »
I had a similar problem with my LX-3 this year.  It would show multiple, unstable, weak returns throughout the water column and it did not show a clearly defined bottom return.  The battery had just been charged and the voltage checked fine. The power cable had continuity and the transducer was clicking nicely.  IR on/off had no effect and gain adjustments just made things even more confusing. 

I got it to work perfectly by simply squeezing the power connectors at the battery terminals. Apparently, they did not have adequate contact.  The connections need to be pretty tight, not loose.

Give that a try.
Everyone has to believe in something.  I believe I'll go fishing.
Member of the G.O.D.S

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.