Author Topic: Bearcat vs. Expedition  (Read 1847 times)

Offline BorderIce

• IceShanty Rookie
Bearcat vs. Expedition
« on: Feb 07, 2012, 06:33 AM »
I am waking up this morning in the British Virgin Islands hearing the waves crash onto the beach. And missing the snow and ice I just feel like i should be on LOTW hammering walleye still. But soon enough two days of vacation left. Anyway here is my question I am buying a new snowmobile this year and want to know what anyone has to say about the Ski Doo Expedition 600etec. I know a bit about the Bearcat but I am looking at the added horsepower of the Ski Doo. Help me out I am totally stuck.

Offline akdube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Bearcat vs. Expedition
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2012, 07:52 PM »
The etec is a nice motor and better on fuel if I remember right. In the end its all about what RPMs the clutch engages at is where you get the "power" low end from. Either way New is New and they both will be nice. I would look at the warrenty on both machines. I think bearcat has a longer one than the skidoo. Also does the skidoo have the widetrack option? If not and you will be in deep snow or hauling anything I would go wide track. Also get a few studs thrown on the track regardless of which you buy, you may not need them very much but when you do you'll know it and be thankful you have them. Watch out for the sun down there. Dont wanna get a sunburn!!!

Offline skidooguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FLAAAAAGGGG!!!!!!
Re: Bearcat vs. Expedition
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2012, 01:30 PM »
A friend of mine has an '06 expedtion. The removable half of the seat is very nice. Those E-tecs in the newer sleds are absolutely AMAZING engines. They use way less fuel and injector oil than typical two strokes. The ski doos are waaay lighter too. I have have not seen any problems with the etecs yet. and bomardier perfected them in the omc outboard line. Plus the expedition chassis is tried and true. If you ever get a bearcat stuck, youd wish you had a gun with one bullet.
Also known as Rebel16 on MYFISHFINDER.COM

Registered Maine Guide

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.