Author Topic: Kahtoola  (Read 311 times)

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ditch the bobbers and get a 'tight line'
Kahtoola
« on: Jan 27, 2012, 01:36 PM »
Two days ago the elastomer on my micro spikes tore by the heel...not all the way thru but would with much more use.  Today I called Kahtoola and the lady I spoke with said just mail them back and 'she' would repair or send out new ones same day as received.  I was afraid since I don't have the receipt and I have had them a year (give or take) I would be paying out of pocket.  She said no problem just mail them in.  I just wanted to comment on their excellent customer service and stand up warranty policy.
]

Offline adkwiley

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Kahtoola
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:22 PM »
just picked up a pair myself and love them.  Used stabalicers in the past but got a new pair of boots and the stabilicers don't fit them well at all.  The microspikes are a great fit to both my old and new boots.  The new design beefed up the rubber part and gave it a 2 year warranty, their customer service is a 1 year.  i emailed them and they asked is it a 2 year or a one year and they said its a 2 year for any thing i don't like no questions asked full refund and than a1 year after that for any problems repairs etc.  No registering or anything so im not sure how they know when you bought them to start the 2 year + 1 year warranty but i guess it's a loop hole!  Awesome product and  very stable, don't see anything happening to them in a very long time.

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Kahtoola
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:28 PM »
I bought mine this fall to do some hiking after that October snow had half melted and I am glad I did, they have been great on the ice.  It is good to hear about their customer service.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.